5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the "buy button" inside our heads
On one level this is about advertising and persuasion through neuromarketing. World class branding guru Martin Lindstrom commissioned a couple of top researchers, Dr. Gemma Calvert using fMRI technology, and Professor Richard Silberstein using SST technology, to look inside the heads of consumers to see why we buy what we buy. Lindstrom, who makes a living advising...
Published on 27 Oct 2008 by Dennis Littrell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much new; yet very conceited
buyology presents a few interesting insights, but mostly the narrative is marred by the authors irrelevant and boastful ego trip. Also - I find the book lacking in nuance. E.g. Lindstrom often reports that X has an effect on Y - but not how big an effect, and alternative explanations are not given much thought nor space.

Mostly the book fails because it does...
Published on 4 Jan 2009 by A. Christoffersen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing., 23 Nov 2010
N. L. Pereira - See all my reviews
Very good research on brain scanning to interpret our behaviour as consumers. Opens a new way for times to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buyology - what an incredible journey!, 19 Feb 2010
This review is from: Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy Is Wrong (Hardcover)
It has now been a couple of weeks since I finished Buylogy and I must admit, that the last few weeks after my reading has been a very educational experience for me. It's always fantastic to become wiser especially in areas where you are being duped.

Reading Buyology was an absolutely magnificent guided tour in my brain. The language is kept very simple which to me makes it very easy to understand and transform it into an enormous exciting learning about how my brain dupes me to believe.

From my point of view whether you are marketing related or not I thing Buyology is very interesting and valuable knowledge and I'll give my best recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 Jun 2009
I've never written a review for Amazon before but on this occasion I thought I'd really must. Buy-ology is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. One of the most interesting books I have ever read.
Sometimes I read reviews and I;m put off but on this occasion I'm glad I didn't listen.
Buy it......you won't regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy Is Wrong
Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy Is Wrong by Martin Lindstrom (Hardcover - 28 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01