Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 October 2011
This book is great for those who wish to take up beekeeper and also for the established beekeeper.It is in plain English, clear and consise wording.This is supported by excellent illustrations that even a child could follow. This book has been needed by the beekeeping world for many years and now we have it.The authors should be congratulated for creating this book which will prove a superb reference for beekeepers.
on 30 August 2011
This is the best book available for anyone thinking about keeping bees. It is easy to read, up to date and very well illustrated. We recommend it highly to people attending our Beekeeping Taster Days.
Peter McFadden
Secretary, Conwy Beekeepers' Association
[...]
on 1 November 2013
As a member of a Bee keeping association (and you should all join your local one if you want to keep bees) we used to recommend Ted Hooper's excellent book but it was always a bit too technical for an absolute beginner whereas Pam Gregory's new book is perfect for the beginner. It covers beekeeping month by month so you know exactly what you should be doing and looking out for in your hives and when, and there are more advanced techniques covered as well.
on 19 January 2012
I wish that I'd been given this book last year as I started keeping bees. The wonderful pictures show every detail clearly and the information is explained in a way that is good for beginners and those of us with some bee-keeping experience. It has helped me make sense of my first year of bee-keeping. I'm sure it will be well read over the next few year - too useful to put away! I'm going to recommend it to my bee-keeping friends.
on 18 June 2013
Recommended by my bee club`buddy'. I now have two bee buddies! Brilliant book. Easy to read, easy to comprehend!Will recommend to others. JTW
on 27 March 2015
This book is good value for money, I can not put it down, and my friend are reading it too
on 9 June 2016
Easy to read guide to bee keeping. Very Practical. They also do a good guide to chickens.
on 19 September 2014
Comprehensive beginner bee keeping book. Would recommend.
on 7 December 2012
This is a very attractive book, with some great photographs. I suppose it would be quite a nice book to have if you are just starting to think about beekeeping, as it tells you what you have to do, but it doesn't really tell you how you have to do it.
No-one in their right minds would take up beekeeping without a very great deal of thought and research, and this would not really add to even the simplest of libraries on the subject.
There is an awful lot of repetition, and, had there not been, the information contained in this book could have fitted into a very slim volume indeed, if not a pamphlet.
As I say, quite nice as a preliminary introduction rather than a guide.
on 16 February 2016