A Light Song of Light
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£9.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 25 March 2011
This is a very accomplished and musical collection. I bought it after hearing the author give a reading, and just had to have it to read for myself. It features several poems about the singerman, a man who would be paid to sing while workers were roadmaking and other such tasks, which went faster with music to create a rhythm. The cover is painted corrugated iron, which refers to a poem about the church roof, the only roof they could afford, but it is described as such a thing of beauty that it seems precious. The title poem, A Light Song of Light, is Kei's exploration of why he writes, what he writes about. These poems are accessible but not simplistic, are full of music, often celebrating unsung heroes. These are lyric poems in the true sense of the word. Mesmeric.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 2 November 2011
This book is stunning. The first poem - inspired me to write in response but not before I continued on feasting on poem after poem. The imagery and the voice in this book is so distinct and refreshing. I've been telling all my friends about this amazing collection.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again