5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginner
I got this book as I had read the reviews and I wanted to make the 'strawberry bootees' pictured on the front cover. They were a great success and I have made some of the other patterns. I have not done any knitting for years and the book has helped me learn some techniques that I can use in my knitting.
Published 22 months ago by Mrs. K. O'RAFFERTY

2.0 out of 5 stars I had problems with one of the patterns.
Published on 15 April 2012 by Spottij

2.0 out of 5 stars I had problems with one of the patterns., 15 April 2012
Spottij (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
I wonder how many of the previous reviewers have actually attempted one of the patterns given in this book. I have just completed the teddy hoodie, which looks wonderful in the picture. The jacket itself is fine, but the hood is much too small for a six month old baby's head, and would have been very tight around his neck. Despite being a reasonably experienced knitter I could not see a way to make the hood any bigger, but I did manage to improvise a collar to replace the hood, which looks quite good. I wasted quite a lot of time and effort on a useless hood though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginner, 21 Aug 2012
Mrs. K. O'RAFFERTY (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, 29 Sep 2011
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
This book presents cute knits for the cutest baby in your life. From bootees to tops and teddy bears to blankets, the patterns are varied and suitable for all knitters. There is even a quick guide to knitting at the front. This is beautifully photographed and the patterns look easy to follow. I love the teddy bear hat and teddy hoodie. Everyone will want a pair of doggie slippers. For little girls there is a lacy hat, mitts and bootees set that is so sweet. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty booties, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
I was drawn to the book by the cute booties on the cover. They are beautiful. Some other sweet patterns included in book - different size options would be useful. Pattern for white set with pink trim is not correct. As a reasonable knitter I can probably work out how to correct, but it has put me off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes in the patterns, 2 Aug 2013
S. R. Hudson (Nottingham, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
My mum wanted this book as she knits for Africa and people give her lots of wool. Luckily she is an experienced knitter because so far, she has found mistakes in every single pattern she has tried. Not the sellers fault as it was dispatched very quickly and well packed. Perhaps the publishers should have checked it first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely ideas but no one double checked the patterns before printing., 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
I bought it for the strawberry themed items which came out well. Unfortunately there are pattern mistakes in the rose trimmed booties and mittens where "yarn forward" has been omitted in the pattern repeat. This would make them impossible to make. You had to have made the hat 1st to know what was wrong. I can't comment on the other patterns within the book as I haven't attempted them yet. It would've only got 2 stars but for the designs being cute. I think the author needed a friend to make the patterns, as they are written, before publishing them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating., 17 May 2012
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
The patterns in this book are definitely adorable. However, the first one I have attempted, the 'Just Rosy' bonnet, bootees and mittens, simply doesn't work as it is written. The lace pattern has a mistake in it. I am a very experienced knitter, and I know it's not just me not being able to understand the pattern. It seems a little annoying to have to redesign the lace bit myself, as that's what I buy patterns to avoid the trouble of.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, 27 Oct 2011
G. C. Clarke (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
Great that the patterns are in 4-ply and DK, bad that each pattern is only given in one size, limiting the versatility of the items. The designs in themselves are nice though.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little knits, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
Nice patterns, well written, sizing is good, designs fantastic, useful way of making something so cute no-one will know it has cost you very little because the designs are so sweet they will never question what you spent! Highly recommended if you only buy one baby knitting book make it this one

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cutest Ever Baby Knits (Hardcover)
Bit dissapointed with this book. The strawberry shoes on cover are what sold it to me, and are by far the cutest thing in there! My daughter has just tunrned 3 months, and most patterns only go up to 3 months. So won't get much use out of it, will only be making the strawberry shoes and flowers and squares blanket!

Cutest Ever Baby Knits
Cutest Ever Baby Knits by Val Pierce (Hardcover - 5 Oct 2011)
6.99