5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!
I absolutely love this book. I didn't have really high hopes as I have bought books like this before and been disappointed as they just seem to have images of peoples homes and lots of repetitive text. This book is completely different though, it's FULL of gorgeous images and the text is short and to the point with an instructions section at the back.
The ideas in...
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Rediscovered Treasures
Published on 17 May 2011 by Phoebe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects (Paperback)
The ideas in this book are completely original too (unlike other similar books) and it really is inspiring. It has made me look at 'junk' in a completely new way and I already love collecting bits and bobs and visiting car boot sales so, if you don't, you may be a convert after reading this book!! Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to treasure!, 25 Aug 2011
I have a bit of an addiction for these shabby chic themed books, and this is a good one because it is more useful than just a book full of pretty pictures. This book focuses on finding old/vintage/disused objects and turning them into something useful & beautiful. A few of my favorites include turning vintage plates into clocks, using tea cups in place of candlelight's on an old chandelier. Using old cutlery as coat hooks. These are simple yet effective ideas. The photography is lovely; the pictures are large and clear & beautifully shot on thick good quality paper. If you love vintage, shabby chic style you will love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars rediscovered inspiration, 12 April 2011
An easy to read, totally inspiring book which has helped me see the beauty (and potential) in all sorts of things that I wouldn't normally notice - and made me go straight out to the charity shops for silver platters, glass dishes, frames and fabrics, and return with amazing new ideas for crafty ways to reuse old items and make them useful again. Great book find.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast for the eyes., 19 Feb 2012
Ms. N. D. Merriman "tashadot" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This a beautiful book. If you're looking for ideas for a beautiful, romantic, vintage style interior this is a good place to start. Think candlelight reflecting off old silvered mirrors, cabbage roses, and antique lace. The photography is exquisite and it would deserve its place in my home as a coffee table book to look at and savour. However it is so much more than that.

The reusing and upcycling ideas are ones that I hadn't seen anywhere else until I got this book (though they're begining to be copied elsewhere)and I found it hugely inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book with great ideas, 1 July 2011
Thought this book had the most beautiful pictures and some very quirky ideas! Really felt inspired and like the mix of Englishness and Nordicness (Scando-Anglo?) that came through when reading the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rediscovered Treasures, 17 May 2011
Although it is full of pretty enough photos I was a bit disappointed. I flicked once through it and nothing particularly stopped me in my tracks for a second look. I have quite a few of these books and I lift them from the shelves to savour the pictures and the words again and again but as I didn't see those possibilities with this book I gave it to my sister as a kind of 'starter' book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 April 2011
This book is excellent. Especially if you have a lot of junk around the house. Lots if ideas of making something out of junk. I could not put the book down. I had to read it from cover to cover. Buy it and be inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring creations!, 27 April 2013
What an excellent book! For the novice in this area like myself, the book is thoughtful, creative and rather inspiring. I'm off out tomorrow to rummage round the car boot sale to see what I can find to recreate. A terrific book and I would certainly buy more from this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 18 Feb 2013
I was given this as a present and proceeded to spend most of my birthday frantically devouring each page - could not put it down, I wanted to make ALL THE THINGS STRAIGHT AWAY.

This book is full of lots of different ideas, nothing I'd seen in similar products I have, and it's also made me start looking at bits-n-bobs I had lying about in a different way, coming up with other ideas to upcycle them too. It also has given me a great excuse to buy more beautiful if impractical items from car boot sales - 'cos now I can turn them into something much more useful and make a fabulous gift at the same time!

It's well worded, with simple instructions and great pictures. Good for starters or those with a bit more experience who (like me) have run out of inspiration and want some new ideas or challenges!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of ideas., 8 Feb 2013
Mrs. E. H. Valentine "Elaine" (Telford, UK.) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book. It gave me lots of ideas for my own projects. Good pictures. Some things were a bit strange but still good to flick through of an evening.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects by Hanna Kristinsdottir (Paperback - 24 Feb 2011)
9.09