5.0 out of 5 stars monster magic
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by K. Platt

1.0 out of 5 stars Still have'nt recieved it?
Ordered 3 weeks, or more, ago, and still have'nt recieved it! Hopefully, it will arrive soon,,,,,,,, I'm am optimistic it will arrive (today)!
Published on 30 Sep 2011 by Caol J. Devlin

5.0 out of 5 stars monster magic, 1 Sep 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Make a Monster: Over 15 Easy-to-make Fleecie Toys You'll Love to Sew (Hardcover)
Bright, playful and full of joy, these monsters are not only for kids but for grown-ups too. Secretly, I'm in love with Rufus and dying to take him to bed - but don't tell anyone. Instead of pinching the kids' sweets, you could start pinching the toys. This book could divide families! 15 gorgeous, fun-loving projects made with easy fleece. Very clear instructions with templates, so suitable for beginners. More experienced sewers might like to add their own character faces to these wonderful patterns. I want them all. Recommended for the young and young at heart. A great introduction for kids starting to sew too, under supervision by an adult of course. Projects are graded. Sheer delight! This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 23 Oct 2010
Bought this to use at school for Textiles lessons. Pupils absolutely loved it and we now have a whole family of monsters in the department!

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster Mayhem!, 7 Jun 2011
Flufftafem (North Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
I have lots of crafting and textile books, but this one is one of my favourites. The monsters are great, and I have several of them strategically placed around the house, peeking out at any visitors I receive. I felt very inspired when I received this book, and although I have only made a few of the items out of it, I have adapted some of the patterns to create my own monstrosities! The pictoral instructions are easy to use, and the fleece is very easy to manipulate and sew. I would definitely recommend this book and have since bought additional copies for my crafting pals.

5.0 out of 5 stars good ideas and patterns, 9 Dec 2013
east to follow and clear patterns that are easy to enlarge, good book for beginners and easy for kids to follow and make cute toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a Monster, 5 Sep 2013
Simply a wonderful book and I love it.
Also the shipping was promt, fast and book safely and in a very nice nice condition.
I do not like books ect having marks or anythng bad on them .. a new book has to be new in all ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely monsters, 29 Feb 2012
I really love this book, with the super cute creatures to sew! Nice photos through the whole book, easy reading patternsheet and really clear instructions. Just looking in the book gets me in a good mood on a grey and rainy day, I want to make all of the monsters in this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super awesome!, 26 Oct 2011
I borrowed this book from my local library and loved it so much that I had to have it! It's a fantastic book for beginners to sewing/monster making to use and provides a solid foundation for future crafting.

Pros
Bright and colourful pictures
Good book for beginners
Once you get the hang of the monsters, you can easily adapt them. I changed a few patterns so I didn't have to sew the arms on separately.
Lots of pictures of finished monsters
Lots of work in progress pictures so you can stay on track

Cons
Personally, I am not a huge fan of fleece so I used cotton which, I think, made some of the sewing a bit tricky.
The details are, at times, a bit fiddly but this is easily remedied with things like safety eyes or buttons.

Buy buy buy!!!