5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one book on growing fruit and veg, buy this
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by Sally Kinnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not quite as helpful as expected.
Published on 5 Mar 2010 by E. Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one book on growing fruit and veg, buy this, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Girl's Guide to Growing Your Own: How to Grow Fruit and Vegetables Without Getting Your Hands Too Dirty (Paperback)
Ever since I acquired a large garden five years ago, I have been feeling guilty about not grown anything more edible than a punnet of basil I bought in Tesco (and it died). I can manage flowers, but what with the digging, and the planning and the soil preparation, fruit and veg have always seemed like a spadeful of work too far. This accessible, nicely illustrated and well written book is the answer. Finally, it offers a formula I can follow, which makes it all sound possible, without pretending there are not a few a problems to overcome. I love the sections called "if you only do 3 things this season" and as for the authors tips on how on to overcome a snail problem I cannot wait for spring to start my murderous assault with wine or beer in what she calls " a little cocktail party of doom".

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky find., 12 Nov 2009
Carole Morris "Unicorn" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This is a great little book, and should rank as one of the essentials for anyone with a small space to grow useful and gorgeous plants. The writer manages to be extremely entertaining without distracting from the business in hand. Once I had shown this book to my Creative Fibre colleagues - most of whom are into gardening as well - I didn't see it for dust as everyone wants to borrow it! I shall be watching out for any following publication from this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not quite as helpful as expected., 5 Mar 2010
E. Mills "EmmaM" (UK) - See all my reviews
I saw this book in a garden centre and it looked perfect for me so ordered it from Amazon! I have really enoyed reading it - it only took one evening though. It was very fun to read and interesting as I am a novice gardener with a small garden and I want to start growing veg. However It could do with a few more hepful tips - such as what do I do with my seedlings when they grow tall and 'leggy' - do I need to pinch them out? Haven't got a clue! Also some more varieties would be good as I wanted info on growing asparagus and rhubarb - but no luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 22 Mar 2010
I bought this book having very little gardening knowledge, but I wanted to try doing some 'Grow your Own'.

I love the way this is written, it has loads of tips and useful information and is also witty and enjoyable to read.

I already have loads of ideas I want to try, and soon as the weather permits I will be testing this book to the full!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Nice book. Would also make a good gift for someone who is starting to get interested in gardening,

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, 3 April 2014
Nice book to read and very modern for the younger age group. I would say this book is for girls because its girlie and cute. Lots of information and tips for new starter without getting to deep. Couldn't give seller good feedback back for some reason as it wouldn't let me.

5.0 out of 5 stars full of info and ideas, 14 Dec 2013
I love this book, the layout and design. very inspiring to read and breaks everything down so that it is perfect for beginners :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for the beginner gardener, 2 Dec 2013
Rebecca Collins (Welwyn Garden City) - See all my reviews
Very well presented book with helpful hints - I am starting out at grow your own and gardening in general so this was a really good buy- loved the cocktail recipies using plants from the garden :)

5.0 out of 5 stars For Gardenistas Everywhere!, 18 Sep 2013
This book is inspirational-it will change your life! From the first page you will be hooked, and very, very muddy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand., 25 April 2013
This is a very easy to read book for growing your own vegetables,broke down into seasons so you don't have to read all in one go.