on 11 January 2011
I bought this book after at three failed attempts at getting started with my family tree. Earlier books I had consulted were as boring as textbooks as dull in appearance as a railway timetable. It's brief, bright, well illustrated and colourful. Step by step I found myself understanding genealogy and ready to get started. You won't need to buy any commercially available familt tree software because the book concentrates on using the Personal Ancestral File developed and offered free by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Don't turn your nose up at this just because its free. It has been used by thousands because it works and this book will take you through it step by step. There is a great deal more in the book taking you into the wider aspects of family history but overall this book delivers - it does what it says it will do.
on 7 February 2010
I plan to start working on researching aspects of my family tree so got this book to point me in the right direction.

It is writen in a very easy to read style and takes the reader through in the correct order for researching family history to stop any unnecessary errors being made.

Full of tips throughout and a website to download geneology software.
11 comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2012
Very pleased with this publication as a first timer to this type of family plan it was very interesting and helpful in my search for family tree and history which I will keep working on at my leasure I find working on my family history very relaxing and interesting in choosing which direction to go in first and when one direction can offer up many more leads to other family members and other leads and direction to follow in my search for a full family tree if you take this as far back as you could go it could keep you interested and amazed by the things far out family members bshaved and lived their life many years ago in many ways this search can go on for your whole lifetime and then be carried on by your sons, daughters or another family with a similar interest to yourself or for other reasons of their own great read and a must buy for anyone interested in following their family history.
Jeremy.belshaw
on 24 September 2012
Have had previous Really,Really,Really easy books before which I found 'really easy' and this one was no exception. I recommend it to any novice who is attempting to work on their Family Tree.
on 4 April 2011
This was very useful and very well explained to people of a certain age. I have been trying to do my family tree for a while and this was very well set out.
on 9 August 2015
Excellent for any one wanting to do a chart for their Family History easy step by step guides to understand.
on 5 December 2013
This is no more use than any of the free guides. It almost reads as an advert for one of the web sites.
on 9 January 2016