on 19 July 2009
I bought this for my two year old daughter to get her to learn some Welsh words and songs. The CD has been a great success with her reciting some of the the songs start to finish after a few weeeks of listening in the car.

The book has got musical notation, which you never know might be used one day.

The only issue with the book is that a the lyrics for the first verses are printed with the musical notation, so making it difficult to read.

Overall a very good book and hours of fun.

Eirug..
on 8 February 2011
This is a great product. My children both love the welsh nursery rhymes, and as I'm learning Welsh it's also great for me. My eldest is just coming up to school age and is going to a welsh school. Neither me nor his father speak welsh - although I am Welsh, his dad is Irish! It also very helpful to have the words and music book with the cd. If you are musical it helps with learning the tunes as you can play them!
Definately worth buying if you have any intention of teaching your children welsh, or are learning welsh yourself.
on 11 August 2009
Really great. Am able to listen to the cd, attempt the tunes on my piano as the musical notation is all there, and also will eventually try to learn some Welsh by sitting down with the book and reading the words whilst listening to the songs.
on 19 October 2015
My daughter got this book for her newborn-its so good I had to get my own book -ready for looking after new grandchild!! Wonderful selection of traditional Welsh songs for children of all ages.Beautifully musical arrangements for piano playing and also fairly easy for novices. CD perfect for home and car journeys with good clear wording of songs. Translations of all songs included for learners of Welsh
on 27 July 2009
Purchased this book for our grandaughter. Although this is a good book and cd, the book we feel is written more to use with a musical instument rarther hard to read as first verses are set to musical notes.Title of Book a little missleading.it says songbook not music book .
on 15 July 2012
This is a great product if you plan on using the sheet music, if not then I would not bother buying this product as better alternatives exist on the market.

The song list is extensive but some choices are a bit odd and, IMHO, not really children's songs.

Having said that it is a high quality book and I have had it on in the house a few times.
on 27 December 2012
I gave this to my mother, who is trying to learn Welsh, as a Christmas gift. We're American and the songs, except for "Ash Grove", are unfamiliar to us, but the recordings on the included CD are nice. I thought that, since it's a children's book, they might be silly or very synthesized, but they sound like "real" music.
on 2 December 2015
Do not know any of the songs , maybe supplying play list would be helpful
on 17 January 2013
Fantastic book and CD - my daughter love listening to the songs and especially love the fact that Dad can play the songs on the piano whilst they sing. Very good selection of songs.
Definitely recommend for those looking for a music book or indeed just a CD of all the popular kids welsh songs
on 12 April 2013
Nicely produced and a lovely present for a new baby and parents!the pages are large and useful for when the toddler is singing with mother. i have bought at least three of these and all recipients have been pleased with something a bit different from baby clothes.