5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little book
If you are a fan of the Simon's Cat videos on youtube (and the internet in general) then you'll love this book. It features a lot of short story drawings of more of Simon's cat's antics, all entirely different from the videos you may have seen on the internet.
Published on 16 Nov 2009 by Mr. A Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the cats whiskers
Ever since first stumbling across Simons Cat on YouTube, I have endeavoured to show anyone and everyone, interested or not, the hilarious antics of this feline menace. It is beautifully animated and is spot on for how cats behave. I wait with baited breath on his next installment but would not wish upon Mr Tofield to rush as this is what undoubtedly ruins great things...
Published on 10 Nov 2009 by S. Loveridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little book, 16 Nov 2009
Mr. A Smith "Alex Smith" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
If you haven't seen Simon's Cat before, then these are a collection of comical little things that cats generally get up to, whilst speculating on the intent of the cat in a comical way. All very clean humour and great at bringing a smile to your face.

This book wouldn't take you long to sit and read cover to cover, but it's a great little book for glacing at from time to time (dare I suggest excellent bathroom literature if you approve of that sort of thing).

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have, and I would definately recommend it to any of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clean fun, 28 Oct 2009
M. Wake "Fried Gold" (Essex, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
Having watched the YouTube vids I was interested to see how this translated into a book. The results are entertaining and charming, assuming you have or know of cats. Clearly the author loves his pets dearly and after flicking through the pages you'll start to see your cats in here too.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and heart warming, 29 Sep 2009
S. Harrison (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
Having seen the clips on YouTube I was desperate to get my hands on this book and I'm so glad I did. The book contains page after page of pictures that had me in stitches. Anyone who has a cat will definately find this book funny and warming as some of the stuff is so typical of cats. Love it, love it, love it!!! Well done Simon Tofield!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely spot-on - and hilarious, 15 Dec 2009
Margaret7 (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
After being emailed the original video by many friends, I finally saw Simon Tofield being interviewed on breakfast TV - talking about this book. Well, I had no option really. Having been the adopted mother of a variety of wonderful, beloved cats for many years, I just couldn't resist.
Anyone who has lived with and loved a cat will adore this book. You will recognise every one of his cat's behaviours - and particular instances that will just crease you up. For me it was the bottom-washing (usually when there are visitors) and taking over the bed. Even the film clip with the hungry cat and the baseball bat hit home - only my cat used to jump off the wardrobe onto me as I slept, then run away up the hall!
The interactions with the local wildlife, and the friendship with the garden gnome, are great fun too - adding an extra dimension of naugtiness and personality to that wonderful little chap with the unfortunate personal habits.
Absolutely priceless - and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cartoons, 12 Nov 2009
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
Like the animated versions, this book contains a selection of the most astute cat observations ever! Simon really knows cats and perfectly depicts the attitudes that every cat I have ever met dispays. This book is a must have for anyone who knows or has ever known a cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not just for cat lovers!, 19 Dec 2009
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
For anyone who hasn't seen the smash internet cartoon hit that is Simon's Cat, this perhaps may be a little lost on them. However, for those of us that have watched, re-watched, and then watched again the hilarious short sketches will appreciate the humour in this book. Packed full of sketches this is a picture book full of titterable moments and certainly makes the perfect gift for anyone who loves either cats, or this kind of mischievous and light-hearted humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 5 Oct 2009
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Simon's animations and this book does not dissapoint. Certainly a cat owner's book. When it arrived having been delivered at work non cat owners were mildly interested, while 2 cat owners ended up encrosed for about half an hour, with laughter drawing annoyed looks from the boss.

A nice addition to the coffee table.

5.0 out of 5 stars TREMENDOUS!, 1 Oct 2009
V (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
Brilliant. Loved the cartoons and the book is awesome. Read and re-read it 5 times as soon as it arrived. Absolute must have for anyone who enjoyed the cartoons, loves animals or has a sense of humour.

Bought 5 copies to give to friends as well :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky cats are loved by all, 8 Dec 2009
Kerttu Kuskus "kukkurkurat" (Tallinn, Estonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought the book: more excellent graphic quirkiness of Simon Tofield's lovable demanding feline. I adored his cartoons in the Youtube and as most of the viewers I also shared the feeling of 'Oh, that is ABSOLUTELY right!' when watching the cat doing their selfish best. And the book does not disappoint: the cat is selfish, indulgent, demanding and still as lovable as ever. The ease of the simple drawing style is amazing; being an artist in a small way myself, I know how difficult it is to achieve and Mr Tofield manages it superbly. Whoever has a cat and likes to watch amusing snap shots of feline behavior, should get this book. Whoever likes quirky fun, should also get it. I am absolutely happy of purchasing this book and I recommend it happily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this very much, 13 Mar 2010
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
Hi - I'm a huge fan of the YouTube animations, and was just given this book as a present. Great chuckles all the way through. I want more. Definitely more annoying squirrels, more of that fantastic, slinky fox, the 'other cat' and a lot more of that stupid wee dog as well. I would like to see more pictures of what cats actually do when they are let out at night, who they meet up with, etc. (I always wondered, myself!) I also enjoyed the kitty litter antics, which certainly do remind me of my own cat.

The only reason I've not given this book 5 stars is that many of the cartoons are quite repetitive within the book itself, and I got a little fed up with some of the schticks, particularly the hedgehogs and the 'imitating' birds categories. I also think it's a mistake to make this cat too human. (would a cat really make a snow'cat'?) Part of what makes this series so special is that the author really knows cat behaviour. He should develop that aspect more, and resort less to things like baseball bats etc, which a cat would never actually use. This cat should never evolve into a Garfield, in my opinion.

I do think the author's just developing ideas in many instances throughout this book, and should probably edit his next book down to the best ones only. However, then we'd get a skinnier book, wouldn't we? All in all, this is not a major flaw, though, and I would totally recommend this book. I also want more animation as well! Perhaps a DVD in future???

Simon's Cat
Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)