5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort
This is one of those books in which the majority of guys that buy it will not complete. There are 30 missions and it isn't easy. For that small percentage that stick with this it will be worth the effort.

Published on 12 Oct 2010 by jayman

3.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS (i have tried nearly everything in the game)
i have read the game and tried all the stuff...dd is great....there is a lot of great stuff in the industry and I have time for Neil Strauss.... but i would like to warn the world about ross jeffries he is a satan worshipper and he is trying to recruit keep away do not compare him to the rest of the self help industry..
Published 5 months ago by goodkarma

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort, 12 Oct 2010

Some of the reviews here are suprising as they didn't seem to purchase it knowing what it is. It's not something to sit down, read and entertain. It's a 'how to'. It's something to be applied. It needs to be applied otherwise it's useless. You can't learn how to swim until you jump in the water.

In my opinion this is more like a self-improvement programme with a major social component. Don't think though that a few missions in and girls numbers will be handed to you on a plate. You pretty much have to re-consider everything you've learned before.

This book in my opinion is a very good starter for those wanting to get into 'pick-up'. This alone will give a good guide in itself but if one is serious then more materials are needed (The Game gives you a few ideas of others worth checking out...a bit of research should guide you to the good stuff).

Me and my wing both came to the conclusion after completing the missions in this book that this is ultimately about becoming a better version of yourself. Re-thinking yourself and how the ideas here fit into that. Some of it sticks and some of it is changed or discarded but ultimately as you practice this and other materials (if you get more into the scene) you realise that you are 'naturalising' this stuff.

The stories in the 2nd part of the book are okay and quite amusing at times but nothing great. I will give it 5 stars for the real purpose behind this book.

Im seeing someone now and this certainly helped me on my path. She said to me once that she read the Game: "have you heard of it?" she asked. I paused and said: "no, but my friend mentioned it to me once".

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting start..., 26 July 2010
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
This is a book in two parts. The first part is a series of exercises to carry out at your own pace that are meant to get you started as a pick up artist. Here's the thing the book warns you not to read ahead and sticking to that rule I haven't. The first couple of exercises have been pretty basic stuff, talk to strangers - get use to it and set your self some goals in life, that kind of thing; to be honest I almost skipped ahead but decided not to in case I miss something. It will be interesting to see how this develops or if I get around to doing the rest and over what period of time; the book suggest an exercise per night but how much time per exercise is down to practicalities and self motivation.

Like all such books the reading is the easy part, actually following the advice is the hard part, which is no doubt why so many spend 00's on seminars and practical boot camps where you go out and are thrown in the deep end and more or less forced to start talking to girls; it's like the gym it's much easier to exercise with a personal trainer to "encourage" you.

The second part of the book is Neil's diaries. These are a collection of short stories that usually illustrate a point.

5.0 out of 5 stars No book apart from the Bible has made me feel so good!, 28 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
I must admit, I thought this book would be deeply naff. However I bought it to cheer me up after being rejected by a girl I fancied at uni. I was devastated as we had been really good friends and I blamed myself. This book is a fantastic boost for confidence. Neil Strauss does not blame or criticise like many self-help books, but he engages you to change, day-by-day. I admit, some of the stuff did not work and I thought I was mad for trying things from a bloke who looks like a creepy misogynist on the cover with an endorsement from Russel Brand of all people!

However, it helped to turn my life around and helped me recognise my problems with confidence in life, not just with women. Neil Strauss writes like your best friend and he makes you feel good. No other book, apart from the Bible has made me feel that way.

Did I get laid? Well not as dramatically well as this book promised, but I felt more confident around females and I now have a girlfriend who I absolutely adore. She is really stunning to me and I think this book built my confidence to approach her initially. Thanks Neil!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Nice book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Rules of the Game (Kindle Edition)
great book very intresting it keeps you wanting more and lots of information while still telling the story of what happened

3.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS (i have tried nearly everything in the game), 25 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
More unique than most books of its kind. Still a little one dimensional and ignores many aspects. This book will give you good tips and help you somewhat but it will not make you anywhere near a master of the game like it claims.

5.0 out of 5 stars ground breaking, 23 July 2013
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
this book will open your eyes, its a must have to understanding how to meet women
its that good ...
buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Educational.God to read the book really.Very interesting., 19 July 2013
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
This is a step by step book,to find your perfect Mate,I found it very interesting,a real eye opener, for me.You will never be lonely again,Just got to read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny & works, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Rules of the Game (Paperback)
If it does not work, you have had a laugh along the way.

I like the little games at the end.

The Rules of the Game
The Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss (Paperback - 3 July 2008)
6.29