4.0 out of 5 stars A Giant Shaggy Dog Story?
There are lots of peculiar goings-on happening around Dartmouth. There may (or may not) be a large beast prowling the moors; a ship in a bottle which is washed ashore may (or may not) hold a significant meaning for the story's main character Meg; we may (or may not) all already be dead and living in some sort of eternal computer-generated afterlife and we may (or may not)...
Published on 31 May 2010 by Gregory S. Buzwell

2.0 out of 5 stars unending navel gazing
Our Tragic Universe - Scarlett Thomas

`This, for me, is a key feature of storylessness: all structures must contain the possibility of their own non-existence - some zip that undoes them.' She smiled. `The storyless story is a vagina with teeth'

While the above quote may seem an odd one without context, it is I can assure you, as odd with. Our Tragic...
Published on 30 Sept. 2011 by Vic Ainsworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant afternoon, 19 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Our Tragic Universe (Paperback)
This is a pleasant little book written in an easy to read style. Good way to spend an enjoyable afternoon.

1.0 out of 5 stars tragically dull, 10 Mar. 2012
Dallas Dawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Tragic Universe (Paperback)
I never got past page 50; a wittering collection of knitting, rubbish boyfriends, god knows what else, I couldn't wait to put it down. I just got the impression that the author (and perhaps the story's main character) is arrogant enough to think she can write any drivel and we won't notice how bad it is. I have since read another 2 books where from the first page the plot is there and you're gripped- this just didn't seem to be going anywhere. Glad The book was a gift or I'd have written to Scarlett myself asking for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars .. and the point is?, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Our Tragic Universe (Hardcover)
What is this book supposed to be about? I don't like bad language, but I am willing to put up with it if there is some serious point being made - if there was, I did not find it. What I did find was a lot of pretentious twaddle and very depressing it was too. I'm so gald that I did not pay the publisher's price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long wait redeemed by Top quality of book, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Our Tragic Universe (Hardcover)
When ordered, I was expecting a faster delivery of the book as I needed to read it for a certain date. However I was most impressed by the quality of the edition and its content.

Our Tragic Universe
Our Tragic Universe by Scarlett Thomas (Hardcover - 20 May 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01