5.0 out of 5 stars How do I love Peanuts? Let me count the ways..., 24 Jan 2008
This review is from: The Complete Peanuts 1953-1954 (Peanuts): 2 (Hardcover)
I used to rely on the back pages of newspapers for my Peanuts fix; now I can binge with a heavy hardback. Good grief! This has an introduction by an unlikely but super-enthused Peanuts fan, Walter Cronkite (a famous CBS news anchor, for any Europeans who don't recognise the name), and includes all of the strips from the cartoon's 3rd and 4th years of existence. It's fascinating how different the characters looked back then. I look forward to following my hero, Lucy, 'the nation's foremost authority on jumping ropes', through the next few volumes. May there be many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuts for Peanuts!, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Complete Peanuts 1953-1954 (Peanuts): 2 (Hardcover)
Some may call it a childish passion of mine, but I love Charles Schulz's Peanuts series and this particular book is a gem! First of all, it's a hardback, so you don't have to worry about using it very delicately or else the pages get all dog-eared.
Secondly, it's got all the comic strips from 53-54! That is a historical era and it's really fascinating to notice small references to the historical background, ever so subtly affecting even the world of Snoopy and friends.
And last but not least...for any Peanuts fan who's got a limited income, this is a really affordable addition to the collection at such a good price!
I'm getting it for some friends who are just as interested in it as I am and I plan to continue the collection of hardbacks from Peanuts with the following years:D

ARRAY(0xa9655330)

The Complete Peanuts 1953-1954 (Peanuts): 2
The Complete Peanuts 1953-1954 (Peanuts): 2 by Charles M. Schulz (Hardcover - 18 Oct 2007)
12.79