4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant last minute cheat sheet for anyone doing the LPC.
This is not a substitute for compulsory subject course text books, or your own session notes, but it can save you stressing over last minute revision notes, because there's often not enough time to do your own properly as you go along.
The diagrams are clear and checklists and summaries comprehensive.
The only negatives are the Company Law Procedure table, which...
Published on 18 Sep 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
Not a major fan of this text book to be honest. Currently studying for mocks at the College of Law and drawing up consolidation notes. I thought this book would be a useful aid for this but it misses out a lot of examinable content and a bit too condensed for my liking.

However it's not at a complete loss as I am still using it in conjunction with my own...
Published on 14 Nov 2009 by C of L LPC

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant last minute cheat sheet for anyone doing the LPC., 18 Sep 2002
By A Customer
The diagrams are clear and checklists and summaries comprehensive.
The only negatives are the Company Law Procedure table, which you will need to extend and expand, and the Tax section, which is a bit confusing.
Having said that, I thank this book for getting me a distinction in my compulsories. Buy it, take it to a print shop and get them to unbind and hole-punch it for you, add it to your files to take into your open-book exams.
Definitely worth the investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lex, 28 Mar 2008
T. Albright "Lex" (UK) - See all my reviews
Without question the single most important purchase you will make as an LPC student. For those of you at the C of L, you may be encouraged to ignore this book as I was. I say to you, do so at your own peril. If you wish to gain a competitive advantage and cut down on your work load, then here is your answer. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 2 Mar 2009
I have to say I was little sceptical about purchasing any book relating to the LPC but this is a real dream; it explains everything you need to know in an easy and understandable way. The book itself is thick and looks off-putting but don't let it, you will be amazed at the information that it contains and the ease with which you will pick up ideas and thought process you need to be a solicitor.

The flow charts and diagrams make learning and understanding much quicker. I cannot reccommend this book enough, even if you are a hard up student this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Reference Aid, 27 Jan 2002
By A Customer
As an LPC student the biggest problem I faced was adapting to 'open book' exams, as there simply wasn't time to look up everything that I felt I should check before committing myself to paper.
This ingenious study guide is provides instant, easily digestible summmaries of all of the key issues of the course. Although it is by no means a substitue for the reference books recommended for the course, this is an invaluable supplement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb revision or open book exam aid, 15 Feb 2011
L. Young (Shrops, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legal Practice Companion 2010/11 (Paperback)
Half way through my LPC, and this book has helped me achieve an average grade of 85% thus far. It strikes a perfect balance between being concise and comprehensive, and is formatted for easy and quick reference with its many tables, bullets, and flowcharts. I've often drawn up my own tables and notes only to find better in the book.

If only there were similar books for the electives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 22 Jun 2010
I studied at the College of Law and this book was a life saver. I took it into a printers and had the spine cut off and whole punched so that I could take it into the exams and I made a really concise index for each subject so I could find what I needed really quickly. It really was worth the money and helped me get a distinction! I only wish they had done a similar book for the electives!

5.0 out of 5 stars LPC handbook, 23 Jan 2013
This is the perfect companion to the LPC. Flowcharts, checklists, step-by-step help to answering the questions. Really concisely written. I followed the advice of a reviewer before and had the cover taken off by a printer and had some holes put in it for easy filing in my lever arch. So glad I saw this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff !, 17 Jan 2008
I am a first yr lpc student and bought this b4 My mocks. Found it really useful because it encapsulates topics, withot scrimping on detail. It does all those little flow charts that u know u should find time 2 do yourself ! Those charts help 2 digest topics if they are alien 2 you or refresh u instantly if u know an area, they can be copied in2 your manual 4 the exam, and really help eliminate any exam nerves. Id critisize the cheap paper, but not the content. Its not a typical auphoritative textbook. It really is a companion. All in all id recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good consolidation tool - use with personal notes!!!!, 12 Oct 2011
I just started this book to help me with my LPC at the College of Law. I have to agree with the positive reviews and can't recommend it enough. It really does help with reducing the never ending LPC workload (I hope to get results as good as those of you who achieved Distinctions with the book). That said you really need to confirm that the data in the book are up to date as a lot of rules and regulations are changing and will probably change by the time you hand in assessments or sit for exams. I find that this is particularly necessary for Tax. For instance the book suggests that the tapering relief rates are 3 to 4 years: 32% 4 to 5 years: 24% 5 to 6 years 16%, and 6 to 7 years 8% whereas the HMRC website lists the rates as 3 to 4 years: 20% 4 to 5 years: 40% 5 to 6 years: 60% 6 to 7 years: 80%. Also, topics may not be described in the same way as your college so you may have to do a bit of digging like I did for interim procedures but trust me the search is worth it :D Other than this I have found the succinct description of terms and the ever present authorities for every point made to be a huge bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read and understand, 21 Feb 2014
Exactly what was required. Up to date information . This is an invaluable companion if thinking of going into law.

Legal Practice Companion 2010/11
Legal Practice Companion 2010/11 by Mark Weston (Paperback - 25 Aug 2010)
34.12