on 8 July 2014
The book really helps you with your understanding of reading and writing, with all the important pieces of information that is required when carrying out these tasks. Overall I think it's a fantastic and simple way of learning in your initiative. Therefore I would recommend it to everyone who wishes to learn this subject.
on 2 December 2013
If you are teaching or taking the Functional Skills course this is a very useful guide. it covers the main areas to be studied and explains everythings clearly with examples. There are also activities to do, to consolidate what you have been learning. Can recommend.
on 30 March 2013
that is are good book. I like it because you can practice and you can see the answers. the book is good for people who study English.The second part writing is very good as well. I found the book very useful.
on 26 May 2014
This was ordered as a recommended guide for preparing for an exam. It is very good and contains lots of tips and practice questions.

As usual it was well packed and arrived when stated.
on 21 August 2013
I have purchased many CGP books and this one is currently helping a student through his revision for a Level 2 exam. Easy to follow instruction with great practice questions, the types of texts included are appropriate for a wide range of vocational learners.
on 28 April 2013
I bought this book as I teach Functional Skills and I am always on the look out for new resources.
It appears to be just what I need? Only when I use it I shall know how good it is???
on 13 February 2014
This is a very useful book. I like the way the text is set out, and the colours. The content is of interest for all ages and quite amusing.
This is a very readable book.
on 20 November 2015
This is a good course book to cover the basic skills needed for Functional English. I use this and the others for E3 and L1. All of them contain explanation and a little practice. Of course, it's limited and any teacher/student would have to find a lot of material elsewhere to develop the skills covered. Another important fact, however, is that the new FS exams (from Sept 2015) do render these less useful - especially at L2 - but for the early days and weeks of a course, they still have their place.
on 26 December 2015
This is the best book from my 4 functional skills English level 2 books. Its clear, well structured, good tips, good activities, easy to understand, well explained, and the best bit: you have got the answers for ALL of the questions both activities and mini tests. The other really good book is WJEC book got 4 stars from me, Edexcel got 4-3 stars, and AQQ only 2...don't buy that one. Buy only this and WJEC! Covers everything what you need!
on 23 January 2016
Bought this to help my neighbours boy with his English. He is studying for GCSE and some of the text books are a little longwinded and complicated to read but this is looked more informal and in layman's terms which according to my neighbours son has really helped him better understand his school text books.