5.0 out of 5 stars Functional skills level 2
This book is fantastic and has really helped me re-fresh my maths knowledge in preparation for my Functional skills exam.

Published 6 months ago by Paul Fisher

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Galaxy Note One
Published 26 days ago by Miss L

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional skills level 2, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Functional Skills Maths Level 2 - Study & Test Practice (Paperback)

Its structured extremely well and includes many brilliant examples for each subject matter. Each example is broken down into clear, concise and easy to follow steps which allowed me to understand each and every subject matter. The book also includes a reasonable amount of various questions with the answers included.

My only concern is that the book advertises itself as Functional Maths Skills level 2. However, upon performing a couple of on-line Functional Skills level 2 tests, they are significantly harder than the content of the book. Ideally I would have liked to see some more challenging examples and tests in the book to prepare myself for the online tests, and ultimately my exam.

Overall I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn the basics of functional maths, and its also fantastic value for money. Definitely worth 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 July 2014
Great book and thanx for the help. I gave level 2 exam twice and failed twice. than this book came to my rescue and I passed finally. Great easy to understand with examples and practicality. Would highly recommend anyone looking forward to give math level 2 exam in near future. You won''t regret it. defo 5 starer

4.0 out of 5 stars Maths Level 2, 15 Feb 2014
Ideal for revision work for re-sitting exams or to brush up on maths. Examples given how to work out solutions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful supplementary exercises in prep for Level 2 Exam, 14 Dec 2013
Very useful addition to level 2 Maths exam preparation (pardon the pun) . Lots of problems related to real life use of mathematics and a good confidence builder.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Galaxy Note One, 25 Nov 2014
Just tried to reference something in this book and discovered to my dismay that it is not compatible with my handset. I did not believe this so I checked my Kindle app in the Play store and it said there was an update. So I updated my Kindle app believing I would be able to read this book after the upgrade. No, I have not been able to read this book. I am presented with a message saying this book is not compatible with your device.

Needless to say I am not happy about this and feel somewhat mislead and cheated as there is no warning about it BEFORE buying.

This is the first time I have ever been told a Kindle book is not compatible with my device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and easy guide lines, 20 Nov 2013
This is a great book for those retaking maths, it explains each subject very clearly and is easy to understand . A great book if you have not studied for a while

5.0 out of 5 stars CGP Functional Maths Textbooks, 22 Oct 2014
The CGP Functional Skills Maths books are excellent provided, they are used in the correct way, they are not intended to be comprehensive mathematical text books, they are revision texts with the added bonus of some excellent practice Functional Tasks at the back of the book. My students find them very useful giving them confidence in some areas & cause for questions in areas where they are not so confident. Using the books help to give the students an element of ownership of their own study program.

5.0 out of 5 stars the pages were set out to make it easy to follow with steps to follow and guide you, 16 July 2014
Was really handy as I was studying English. The book explained the reading and the writing very well. For example, the pages were set out to make it easy to follow with steps to follow and guide you. Also explain what you should exspect for your exams... Really helpfull... This really improved my marks :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Level 2 functional skills, 24 Jun 2014
I brought the level 1 functional skills so decided to buy the level 2 as well!I am very pleased. Great books. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent investment to learn maths again, 7 Jun 2014
Excellent book exactly what is taught on the course, easy to understand. It has examples for each module good but

Functional Skills Maths Level 2 - Study & Test Practice
Functional Skills Maths Level 2 - Study & Test Practice by CGP Books (Paperback - 21 Dec 2012)