5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful
Gatsby was a part of my AS level English Literature exam. As its quite a complex book with lots of chapters and characters, it was probably the one I was feeling the least confident with. I brought this book, and it just made everything so clear. It contained maps to help imagine the fictional locations. It had character analysis, and it was set out chapter by chapter so...
Published on 26 July 2012 by Kayleigh

3.0 out of 5 stars Gatsby book
Quite useful for Higher English, however, quotes are few and far between and it doesn't go into enough depth for a detailed understanding of the text. Overall, it is quite useful.
Published 22 months ago by steven

5.0 out of 5 stars The sort of guide a desperate student would create, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: A-Level English Text Guide - The Great Gatsby (Text Guides) (Paperback)
I bought the guide for GCSE study of The Great Gatsby and was a little worried that it was aimed at A Level and above but as it was really the only one I could find, I bought it... and I'm so glad that I did! The guide covers everything from Fitzgerald's background to the hints at homosexuality dotted through the book. It gives all the necessary information on plot, character, themes and the like but in a way that never makes it feel heavy. The pages of essential quotes and cartoon plotline are immensely helpful, especially the latter if, like me, you struggle to remember the exact order of events. I did not like The Great Gatsby particularly when I first read it but I put my new found liking of the book almost certainly down to guide as it makes sense of the parts which left me a little confused. Overall, a brilliant guide!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 2 Nov 2012
Generally I don't like using CGP books they can be vague and not very helpful however this CGP Book organises and helps you understand Gatsby completely. I would definitely recommend you get his book if you are studying The Great Gatsby at AS level. It is awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful guide., 7 Oct 2012
My son is studying the Great Gatsby for his GCSE's. This book is a great help when he is having to write about the characters, the chapters and analysing bits of information or sentences from the book. He has found this guide really very helpful and I would suggest other's to use it too.

A-Level English Text Guide - The Great Gatsby (Text Guides)
5.99