5.0 out of 5 stars It's the real deal!
I initially bought this for the English teachers to use when teaching these poems. When we showed the content to year 10 students they were so enthused by it that we have ordered many more copies so that the students can have them too.

Published on 9 Mar. 2011 by BG

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Its ok for the basis of your revision but alone it cant help much
Published 7 months ago by Pen Name

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the real deal!, 9 Mar. 2011
This review is from: GCSE AQA Anthology Poetry Study Guide (Relationships) Higher (Paperback)

Each poem is analysed to a reasonable standard - probably higher C grade - and then the themes, ideas and poetic techniques are discussed.

Most important in my view is that the authors have looked at how to write about the poems under examination conditions and under controlled assessment conditions.

Additional research by the reader is required to establish the context and background of the poems but this publication is all the better for not including this information.

Well worth buying. ideal for year 10 and 11 students studying for the AQA examination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, extremely helpful - I RECOMMEND IT!, 15 Dec. 2011
Came in good time and it was a disappointment that I lost my Anthology school provided - have no idea where it went. As soon as I got this Anthology I got my head into it straight away; really good. Annotating is done already so great help with notes and actually understanding the poem. I would say it's a great book for those having to study this with a lack of time. I just wish I'd of found it sooner - chuffed with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 17 Aug. 2011
i purchached this guide for my GCSEs after struggling to understand the poems in class, i thought the book was great and wished i had ordered it earlier, the book explains everything in great detail which is easy to understand and at the back it has help for the exams, which includes tips for getting a/a*. i would recommend this book to anyone doing their GCSEs and i have also gone on to buy more books from CGP :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 3 July 2011
This is the best book I bought to help me with my poetry exam. It has so much detail about the relationship poems that will come up in the exam and it gives you full analysis of each poem. It's written in away that you understand everything you read and breaks down each poem to make it easier.
Helped me pass my exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT GUIDE, 22 May 2013
my daughter asked me to purchase this guide for her exam prepartion for her final GCSE end of year exams. My daughter said that the guide give her a good basis for understanding the poetry and provided sample exam questions.

4.0 out of 5 stars GCSE English Adult learner, 5 Aug. 2011
I work In a school as a Learning Assisstant and I will be taking my GCSEs with the students next year so the anthology book will be a great help for me. not bad eh for a 55 year old lol

5.0 out of 5 stars AQA GCSE English Anthology Study Guide, 29 April 2012
J. P. Richards "JPR" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent. Perfect for the GCSE English student who doesn't know where to start. Many youngesters are not predisposed to poetry. This very useful book can help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., 4 Jun. 2013
It has all the poems that could be in the exam and includes form, structure, and language techniques that you can talk about in each of the poems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revision guide, 6 April 2013
Just as was needed for GCSE revision. Good quality and essential for any person studying the current GCSE syllabus. As needed

5.0 out of 5 stars help, 22 April 2013
Bought this for my daughter as trying to dissect poems is not easy, this is very helpful. good luck in your exams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›