Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 November 2010
This book is absolutely wonderful for A Level Chemistry revision. It contains everything you need in simple, easy to understand language. I have used CGP since being in primary school and has got me top grades all the time. A great buy!
on 20 January 2012
I bought this book for my daughter in sixth form for her exams and she loves it, it explains everything she needs to know really clearly, for all you chemists out there, after reading the Hess' law section she can manage just about any question involving that, before buying this book she was horrifically confused by the concept of enthalpy cycles. My only issue with this book is that they should really put all the key definitions at the side of each page, this would make it so much easier when having to learn them. As always with CGP books the layout is clear and easy to understand and with just enough detail to explain everything but with no waffle, keep up the good work CGP!!
on 21 July 2012
This book was amazing for when i was retaking my chemistry Unit 1 module test. It covered everything that i needed in a condensed format. It was good for revision only however. For learning the actual module you are better off with the actual book endorsed, if not more books that go outside of the syllabus.

However for those who revised hard for the first exam, and didnt get the grade they wanted, but when it comems to the retake it is still in their memory somewhat... this book is excellent to refresh all that memory.

It is also good as it high lights areas that are not so easily spotted in the book, that are somewhat significant for the exam. For example i would always skip through small paragraphs at the top of pages as i would regard them as useless time wasting words... turns out they have quite a lot of information that is required for questions in the exam. This book will help high light this.
on 2 November 2013
This book helps with everything .. even the first year of uni.
I use CGP books all the time and would highly recommend everyone to use them.
If you think your tutor is not explaining things well, then this is the book for you:)
on 6 May 2012
Came at the right time. On time! Was perfect for studying. Helped me to fully understand the topics required for the a level.
on 17 February 2013
very easy to understand. has only relevant info and clear cut precise notes. good diagrams would always recommend cgp books
on 4 March 2016
I find these revision guides so useful. I use them alongside my notes in class and they help me to get down the key points, so I can turn the information into mindmaps. Having the Kindle version makes it so much easier as I can essentially take the book anywhere with me.
on 1 April 2014
Good for base knowledge but some definitions are a bit iffy and the book could do with a glossary in the back, which it does not have.
on 6 May 2013
This is a great revisions book for A-level chemistry, very thorough yet very simple. I do not regret buying this book at all.
on 18 June 2014
Bought for my daughter to structure her revision. I would recommend these type of revision books for any serious student.