5.0 out of 5 stars well set out
Published on 19 April 2011 by book worm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I needed
I'm not going to say this product is faulty or not helpful, because it probably is but my problem with it was not knowing the topics inside. I would recommend you don't buy this online without knowing if it will be helpful to you, or just buy it in a shop.
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by Sophie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars well set out, 19 April 2011
book worm (nottinghamshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GCSE History Schools History Project The Revision Guide (Paperback)
i have used many cgp revision guides that are all set out clearly in an easy format. i was confused about which revision guide to get as there are so many all covering different things. my history exam is with ocr and covers medicine through time and the american west. this book also contains information on germany between 1914 and 1945 as the revision guide covers the aqa a, edexcel b and ocr a specifications.

if you study things like world war one and two and the cold war etc you need to look for revision guides saying modern world history on the front.

great guide, really useful and covers all the right things.

4.0 out of 5 stars GCP GCSE History Revision Guide, 4 Jun 2012
Very good guide which summarises main points - taking exam soon and feel very prepared! Decent purchase which I highly recommend if you are taking or planning to take the history course.

Well done GCP!

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE History revision book, 5 May 2012
This book was sent to me in a matter of days which is great service in my opinion, the book itself had no flaws or faulty damages to it, overall this book it great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 30 Jan 2012
I had to look into which GCSE History revision guide to purchase as CGP have a few different ones designed for various courses. 'Schools History Project' covers The American West, Medicine Through Time and Germany 1919-1945.

I'm currently in year 10 studying History as an option as part of the English Baccalaureate. I have a mock exam this coming week, with my real one sometime between May and June 2012. For my Triple Science exams my school pressured us into buying all three CGP science revision guides (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) which, by the way, are also very good. I found the format of them easy to read and so looked up the History guide to help me.

There was a great deal of trouble with postage, but this is unlikely to be Amazons fault. When my mother got in touch and explained that the product hadn't arrived they sorted it out straight away and sent a new copy free of charge. I'm extremely pleased with it!

The bold text and colourful design makes it easy to read and prevents boredom. The information is to-the-point yet includes all the relevant facts to achieve a pass (C-A*). Diagrams and practise questions are included in addition, and the witty remarks make revision seem light-hearted and easy.

Obviously I cannot fully praise the book until I take my exams however I highly recommend this revision guide to anyone studying History at GCSE level, or even as background reading. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
helped me immensely in my GCSE's

4.0 out of 5 stars History Revision, 24 Jun 2014
Good revision tool brought for my daughter to help will her History GCSE exam next May, suggested by my teacher,

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, consise and perfect for the exam, 9 April 2014
Alex S (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've tried several different revision guides for my GCSE History course, which arguably requires the most revision out of all GCSE subjects, but some had just too much information, some were horribly laid out and none of them had CGP's light-hearted 'humour', so I tried this one and I'm very happy. I'm aiming for an A* so I initially worried the 'humour' would drown out the ever-so-slightly more important facts, but the detail is great, it's clearly laid out (as with all CGP books) and is likely the only book you'll need for GCSE History. It's even got a stupid little joke on the back cover, just above the barcode. The only fault I could find is the unnecessary extra information about Germany - you only do two topics for the exam, so the WWII stuff is a little bit pointless and some Black Death background information for the sources paper would be a great replacement. Otherwise, it's perfect, and if you like CGP's many other books then you'll love this, and you'll love it even more come results day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I ordered, 23 Mar 2014
I owe much to this book, mainly due to all the questions i was unsure about being answered in this book. CGP is quickly becoming my favourite textbook company.

5.0 out of 5 stars helpfull, 23 Mar 2014
This is surprisingly very helpful i am glad i bought this. Its set out in a way that makes it simpler to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Revision Guide, 3 Feb 2014
M. Vosper (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Purchased for my son to use for GCSE level revision. Good product at a good price he said it covered everything he needed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

GCSE History Schools History Project The Revision Guide
GCSE History Schools History Project The Revision Guide by CGP Books (Paperback - 4 Jan 2010)
4.95