5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for children and parents studying for SATS
The Study Books are a good series of books for children studying for SATS exams, they are helpful to any Parent not knowing what exactly is covered at school and break the National Curriculum down into easier to understand sections in a fun way. The language used is not the best but it does lighten the tone instead of being serious and boring.

Having bought...
Published on 11 July 2009 by Dillondog

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed
I bought these for my daughter who is 9. Now my daughter has SPD (sensory processing disorder) and the books were just to busy for her to even get past the first page, and I have to agree. There is too many highlighted parts that my eyes were all over the page, so god knows how my daughter felt.

I much prefer the Galore Park books, so I will be sticking to...
Published 10 months ago by Mrs Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for children and parents studying for SATS, 11 July 2009
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)

Having bought the complete set for my son with hindsight I would have just stuck to the Study books without the Tricky Bit books as a lot of the work in them is duplicated in the Study book, the Study book has the advantage of question and answer sections in them as well.

Buy the Study books with a set of practice SATS papers (Questions and Answers) and your child will gain confidence.

Downside is that you then have to mark it all!.....

5.0 out of 5 stars great`help, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
love`these`Books.I"ve tried other brands books but these are better than any other books.easy to understand and cover all the topics.Strongly recommend these books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for parents, 10 Mar 2010
Martin Greenhead "martinrg" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
The CGP range of books are used by my son in a variety of subjects. He enjoys using them as they are clear, easy to follow and have a mild (although sometimes poor!) humour throughout them. I find the Study Books useful to have as it gives an idea around the syllabus they are studying (it is a few years since my O levels) and lets me ask questions once I know what is being studied. The illustrations are good and there are some excellent examples. This is definitely a series I find myself reading for half an hour to "remind" myself of a subject.

My minor gripe is that I would not class the CGP books as 100% useful for study. They lack an amount of detail so you would need a reference book to give more meat to a subject.

Overall, a well presented set of books which are more useful to parents than to students, in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars KS2 Maths, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
I find this book very helpful and relevant to the syllabus. I'd recommend it to all parents with primary school children.
Seller is very professional, would gladly buy from again.

4.0 out of 5 stars KS2 Maths Study Book, 26 July 2014
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
This study book covers everything your child will need to learn for the Maths Key Stage 2 SATs paper. The book is split into different subject area: Numbers (includes multiplication, division, decimals, money, etc), More Number Stuff (includes fractions, percentages, factors, square numbers, etc), Shapes and Solids, Measurement and Handling Data. This is not a workbook, although there are practice questions for each area and, obviously, workbooks are available from CGP which your child can work along with using this study book as a reference. Where this book excels is in giving clear and simple explanations of the various parts of the maths curriculum, with lots of examples and questions to reinforce understanding.

I really like the CPG books and this is a clear and colourful example, with good explanations of everything that needs to be covered in the SATs tests. Answers to all the questions are given at the back of the book. However, you will probably need the workbooks – or, at least, the one for the area your child finds the most difficult – as there aren’t really enough questions in this to give enough practice in all the different areas. Overall, though, a useful and well presented tool, which can be used both for studying from and as a reference book. Study books are also available for English, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling and Science.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
I bought this to go with KS2-The Important bits. Very good, very helpful with my sons maths homework - he was getting a bit confused & helped to explain things to him

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sep 2013
Mrs. J. Mcfarland (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
Well written in a way children (and parents) understand. Has helped enormously with understanding converting fractions and percentages and other key maths areas that children sometimes struggle with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support book, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
This has been a great supporting tool in aiding my daughter to catch up with her math skills, it is very simply explained and even fun to read. Definitely a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
The book is very good,it,s really help my son.I already recommend it for my friend.I really believe he would like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for catching up, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book (Paperback)
We arrived from a overseas and a different education system and these books have been a lifesaver. I bought this book, the workbooks that go with it, and the mental maths books from the same series. All together they are absolutely fantastic. One point to note is that the study book is divided according to subject, not year group, which would have been easier for me. However the workbooks are divided by year group, so we have been systematically working through those to catch her up. The whole series works very well together.

The study book looks at each topic and explains it in very clear, plain English. There are however very few questions for the child to do themselves. This is where buying the age appropriate workbook is helpful too as it practises what they have learnt. The way that we work is that my daughter goes over the page in the study book, then uses the practise questions in the workbook to make sure she has understood everything. As a parent it's also helpful for me to go over topics such as decimal multiplication. It's a long time since I did it myself so we are both benefitting!

KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book
KS2 Maths Study Book: The Study Book by CGP Books (Paperback - 1 Aug 2008)
3.50