Published on 10 May 2009 by James Neville

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed.
Considering the vast amount of studies and critical points that need to be used in the psychology exam, i found this revision guide to be practically empty. It states the very basic facts but there is no detail whatsoever. Unless you are struggling to grasp the key points i would not reccomend this guide.
Published on 24 Feb 2011 by Jazmine

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great revision guide from CGP including the truly terrible jokes, 10 May 2009
This review is from: AS-Level Psychology AQA A Complete Revision & Practice (Paperback)
I don't know about most people but my teachers are really bad i bought this book to supplement my learning and help with revision. The layout is great and includes a lot more studies than we went over in class and different ones as well. To people who say it doesn't include enough content for an A or a B i think thats tosh if it has anymore stuff in it wouldn't be concise or easy to study from. It makes stuff easy to understand would thouroughly recommend to anyone one with bad teachers or falls asleep too easily in lessons.
*revision* mainly with this guide I managed to get an A so I'd say its pretty good

5.0 out of 5 stars managed to get from an E to a B, 9 April 2013
this book is possibly my psychology life saver, i do not have the best psychology teacher who after reading this book may not have taught us all the correct things, so i bought this book, i managed (without any further input from my teacher) to get in my retake from an E to a B so i was really happy, i am retaking my unit 2 this summer and i have high hopes that i will do better thanks to this book

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed., 24 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 6 Dec 2012
I found this book really helpful because it's simpler than the textbook I was given in school which is a bit complicated. This book just tells you exactly what you need to know and it also has a bit of humour which makes it interesting to read. I got an A and would recommend this to anyone studying psychology at as level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychology book, 29 Nov 2012
This books brilliant so interesting and makes studying a lot less boring, 10/10
a lot cheaper than it is in book shops and must better than other psychology books i have seen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying with the complete companion cat book, studies are perfectly displayed, but it looks dull, 14 Sep 2014
Helpful book. As always CGP lays everything out neatly and concisely, however I find it to look full and boring, and it doesn't excite me or make me want to read it unlike the The complete companion cat book, which I would definitely recommend with this. This has advantages like simpler layout and also the studies are excellently displayed. But it lacks detail and the interesting nature which is psychology, unlike the companion book I don't feel compelled to read more - with psychology it should be mentioned the work is full on and full steam ahead - this book feels out of pace, but decidedly worth buying for the price with the other book.

3.0 out of 5 stars ONLY good for Research methods, 10 Sep 2014
Well, its okay if you aiming for a grade D, but if you want an A it simply does not have enough information in it. I think all the revision guides for Psychology are petty bad and in the end I made my own using my class notes and the Clara Fleming book.

My revision guide got me a strong A and all I did was learn all the information off by heart. I can send it anybody who wants it. However the research methods part in the CGP book is amazing and nothing can beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Revision Guide, 20 Jun 2013
As I've not yet started AS-Level Psychology, I thought I'd purchase this revision guide to look over what I'll be studying during year 12. I bought a pre-owned copy of the guide which is surprisingly good quality, at a great price too. The revision guide has six different sections, also an introduction to Psychology and a section on how to do well in the exam, which I'm sure will be very useful because it shows sample answers to exam-style questions for both a Grade C and a Grade A. The revision guide arrived quickly and overall I'm really pleased with it; this book will certainly be getting a lot of use from me! Would definitely recommend to anyone who's studying AS-Psychology and is aiming for the top grades. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Students needing to do revision!, 19 Jun 2014
Excellent for students doing revision at this level, also good for simple explanation of Psychological concepts being explored for the first time. I have to schedule an exam for my students in Psychology every year, and I find this book helpful to prepare students for this purpose. All round good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exam helper!, 2 Jun 2014
For my AS exam this little book is all I revised from and I managed to get a B (bare in mind I only did about 3 days revision)! It had everything you need to know without waffling on about ridiculously irrelevant topics like most A level text books do. If you need a quick solve because your exams in a week and you've done no prep... Get this book!

AS-Level Psychology AQA A Complete Revision & Practice
AS-Level Psychology AQA A Complete Revision & Practice by CGP Books (Paperback - 2 Jan 2012)