on 7 June 2009
This really helped me through my revision, contains all the knowladge you need to pass the exam. The only drawback is that it doesn't prepare you for the really cyptic questions you get in the physics exam. So good for the things you need to know, not good for practice exam questions, they're too easy compared to the ones you will get in the real exam.
on 3 May 2014
I bought this book simply because the cgp books I used for gcse helped me in my exams.

The book provides clear explanations for both unit 1 and unit 2. It gets straight to the point and this helps you if you struggle breaking down the long paragraphs into simple points.

However there were many problems I had with this book comparing it to another revision guide and exam papers. This does not provide you with all the current information you need to know.

For example, in unit 1 you must know base units, si units etc as they are common multiple choice questions in the exam. The book does not have this.

Also in some parts it is not explained correctly. For example in unit 2 when explaining in phase and in anti phase. A common exam mistake made by students is they mix up anti phase and out of phase. When the book explains these terms, instead of saying anti phase it says exactly out of phase. This is still a correct term however, this can confuse the students. Also the book does not mention out of phase.

But what this book is really helpful is the definitions (with the exception of the in phase anti phase part)

On each topic explained, it tells you a simple definition. Which in the exam it will be common to have at least one definition question.

I'll be honest, if I just used this book I don't think I would pass as physics. I think I would pass this course using this book plus looking at past papers.

I think it would be helpful to get this book because once you see the simple approach to it, looking at a better structured revision guide (e.g
Hodder education revison guide) seems to be much easier to understand everything.

I think it would be good to buy this book, but definitely buy another revison guide such as the hodder education one or the pink revison guide.

I would have given this a 3.5 but I had to pick 3 or 4 and I don't feel it is worth a 4 because there are some parts missing and the example questions given are like high gcse questions.
on 5 November 2011
This book was good for the main concepts, but the examples don't compare to actual AS level physics questions. I would recommend this when introducing yourself to new concepts just so you can get your mind around them, but it should be used along a more detailed textbook. Nonetheless, I still find the CGP jokes funny, and I have used the CGP science revision guides only for my science GCSEs, and came out with A*s, so they're not all that bad :)
on 12 January 2013
It was really amazing! Everything made sense, sadly Edexcel to ruin it by planning to fail their victims. But honestly this boo is beyond fantastic! Does and did help a lot!
on 15 September 2014
I bought this as it was advertised as "New" for £4, however, it arrived like it was used with scratches folds and a slight discolouring on the pages.
on 28 December 2012
All three books arrived in Spain soon after ordering, and in one package which seems to be a rare thing these days
on 24 May 2015
The book is excellent, one of the best revision materials out there but it took too long to arrive.
on 31 January 2016
Isn't of much help when it comes to practise and only contains the very basic information.
on 25 January 2014
sent me the wrong one the boook sent is the old version so not what i payed for. ;( .
on 21 September 2015
Well presentation of the syllabus, bad paper quality, only 2-3 questions per chapter