4.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Really good book. Definately helped me even with the wjec course?
Good graphic explanations, they do put hard things into a basic context
Published 23 months ago by Th94

3.0 out of 5 stars Good supplementary book but practice questions let it down.
I used this to supplement my main text book for my AS chemistry evening class.

I studied the AQA syllabus and the content relevant to different syllabuses is clearly marked throughout the book. I could probably have done just as well only using my main text book, but it was nice to have this book too to get different explanations of the same content...
Published 14 days ago by CoffeeandCake

3.0 out of 5 stars Good supplementary book but practice questions let it down., 16 July 2014
This review is from: AS-Level Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice (As Revision Guides) (Paperback)
I used this to supplement my main text book for my AS chemistry evening class.

The content was condensed so I didn't feel too weighed down by how much I had to learn and it covered my syllabus fairly well. The only topic areas I found lacking were in metal extraction and chlorine reactions where the material didn't cover everything.

The end of topic questions weren't particularly helpful as they often seemed to involve questions not covered by my syllabus and it would have been nice for these to have been marked for relevant syllabuses like the content sections were. I ended up not bothering with the questions.

It has clear pages and an easy to read writing style. I might buy the A2 one in the series for next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Aug 2012
Really good book. Definately helped me even with the wjec course?
Good graphic explanations, they do put hard things into a basic context

3.0 out of 5 stars too basic on its own, 2 April 2012
this book alone would only get you a C really. the information is too basic and must be supported with other revision guides as well as the 'chemical ideas' textbook and the 'storylines' book for your year of study. however it does have useful info and sample exam/practice questions which are beneficial for testing your knowledge and understanding of the material.

5.0 out of 5 stars AS Chemistry Revision book, 11 Oct 2013
Brilliant. Very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book with good understandability, 19 July 2013
This book has got quite lucid text and the paragraphs are well highlighted, which is pretty useful and handy for revising. The only downside is that there are too much childish language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good revision book, 8 July 2013
This is a very good revision book, both for revising before your exam and as I refresher for further study. The book is well laid out and very easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it., 1 Dec 2009
This is a great revision book for any syllabus that you are
studying and it also explains every topic clearly.

AS-Level Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice (As Revision Guides)
7.69