Published 8 months ago by Ashabi

3.0 out of 5 stars too basic on its own
this book alone would only get you a C really. the information is too basic and must be supported with other revision guides as well as the 'chemical ideas' textbook and the 'storylines' book for your year of study. however it does have useful info and sample exam/practice questions which are beneficial for testing your knowledge and understanding of the material.
Published on 2 April 2012 by bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars too basic on its own, 2 April 2012
This review is from: AS-Level Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice (As Revision Guides) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good supplementary book but practice questions let it down., 16 July 2014
I used this to supplement my main text book for my AS chemistry evening class.

I studied the AQA syllabus and the content relevant to different syllabuses is clearly marked throughout the book. I could probably have done just as well only using my main text book, but it was nice to have this book too to get different explanations of the same content.

The content was condensed so I didn't feel too weighed down by how much I had to learn and it covered my syllabus fairly well. The only topic areas I found lacking were in metal extraction and chlorine reactions where the material didn't cover everything.

The end of topic questions weren't particularly helpful as they often seemed to involve questions not covered by my syllabus and it would have been nice for these to have been marked for relevant syllabuses like the content sections were. I ended up not bothering with the questions.

It has clear pages and an easy to read writing style. I might buy the A2 one in the series for next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars I haven't done A level chemistry in 15 years and this book did a good job of refreshing my chemistry including things I have ..., 12 Sept. 2014
I I would have given this book 5 stars but dont let 4 stars put you off buying it. It is a very clear and concise book. I haven't done A level chemistry in 15 years and this book did a good job of refreshing my chemistry including things I have completely forgotten. Covers all exam boards syllabus and highlights which bit is relevant to which exam board. My tiny issue with it is that it needs more meat on a few concepts. But then it is a Revision book and not a Textbook so maybe I am just being finiky. It is actually better than some textbooks I've come across!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Aug. 2012
Really good book. Definately helped me even with the wjec course?
Good graphic explanations, they do put hard things into a basic context

4.0 out of 5 stars and this book is great as a revision guide, 1 Nov. 2014
I teach Chemistry, and this book is great as a revision guide. You wouldn't want to use it as a study book throughout a course due to the shallow coverage of topics (it is a revision guide after all). There are a few typos and mistakes, but no more than I've seen in similar books. Overall, I highly recommend it for AS students, and also as a refresher for A-level and first-year undergrads!

4.0 out of 5 stars A book with good understandability, 19 July 2013
This book has got quite lucid text and the paragraphs are well highlighted, which is pretty useful and handy for revising. The only downside is that there are too much childish language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good revision book, 8 July 2013
This is a very good revision book, both for revising before your exam and as I refresher for further study. The book is well laid out and very easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it., 1 Dec. 2009
This is a great revision book for any syllabus that you are
studying and it also explains every topic clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Mar. 2015
My son found it very helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars AS Chemistry Revision book, 11 Oct. 2013
Brilliant. Very useful.

AS-Level Chemistry Complete Revision & Practice (As Revision Guides)