4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a revision guide
Published on 10 May 2010 by Faithstuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Well..
It's a very good book, don't get me wrong! However, it only has the very basics. If you want the basics and the detail I'm afraid this book does not offer that. It also lacks the use of terminology needed to attain the higher grades.

Published 8 months ago by Joanna Hatter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a revision guide, 10 May 2010
This review is from: AS-Level Chemistry AQA Complete Revision & Practice (Paperback)
I bought this through my school, so I guess they recommend it. I find it pretty good for revision-but I must stress it is a revision guide only. It's useful with practice questions at the end of each topic (although a few at the start of the questions don't have answers to) and is written in an accessible way. Though I still had to go back to my AQA textbook for more in-depth info, this book is really good for revision and getting the crucial info across.

5.0 out of 5 stars AQA CGP Review, 28 Dec 2010
This book has been a life saver, it has absolutely everything I needed and summed the whole first unit up really well in just 40 odd pages. I also read through my AQA textbook just to make sure it really had gone over everything, and I was impressed to see that it had! It really is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in Au!, 7 Jan 2010
I bought this guide for my daughter who is using it extensively, she tells me it is extremely useful and would recommend it to anyone studying chemistry at AS level.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well.., 24 Nov 2013

Overall, it's okay. Feel a bit let down as I was hoping it would be a little more detailed. However, it's very good for explaining the basics so you are then able to apply knowledge and build on what it has taught you. I would definitely recommend it if you are struggling with the subject- it has helped me so much.

Hope you found this helpful!:)

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 23 Sep 2013
This book is very helpful for those struggling with As level chemistry. Unlike the bigger books, it actually puts it in teen friendly language lool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemistry AQA guide, 2 Jun 2014
Excellent revision guide. Very easy to follow. Would recommend to anyone who studies this subject! Excellent price for the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and covers everything., 1 May 2014
Good, exactly what I needed to heelp strudy for my A level exams. I would recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful guide, 4 Mar 2014
This guide is essential for the AS AQA Chemistry course, really helps with revision and working, and gives you a summary of the course.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better ones out there, 20 Feb 2014
This has some of the basic stuff needed for a level chemistry however it's not comprehensive and I know that cgp does a better version which is apparently not available on amazon -.-

4.0 out of 5 stars Good details but slightly basic, 8 Jan 2014
The book is very good for explaining the basic concepts but some of the detail is basic.
Overall a good buy and quite useful

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

AS-Level Chemistry AQA Complete Revision & Practice
AS-Level Chemistry AQA Complete Revision & Practice by CGP Books (Paperback - 14 July 2008)
8.85