5.0 out of 5 stars GUARANTEED A GRADE!
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by Ashbookaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a fairly good source of information
I have been using this book for my revision recently and I have to say this isn't really up to the standards of CGP books that I remember from my GCSE's. Don't get my wrong, there is some really useful information in this book, explained in simple terms, however I find that there isn't enough detail to ensure good understanding of content. I would highly recommend this...
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Skipper

5.0 out of 5 stars GUARANTEED A GRADE!, 14 Mar 2010
This review is from: AS-Level Biology OCR Complete Revision & Practice (Revision Guide) (Paperback)
I BOUGHT THIS GUIDE TWO MONTHS BEFORE MY JAN EXAMS THIS YEAR AND I ONLY USED THIS GUIDE AS MY SOURCE OF REVISION. I HAVE TO SAY IT MAKES A LEVELS SOOO MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND AND REVISE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE TEACHERS WHO LOVE TO OVER-LOAD YOU WITH INFORMATION RATHER THAN JUST RELY ON THE SPEC. ANYWAY GOT MY RESULTS ON THURSDAY AND I GOT AN A!!!!!!! I WAS PREDICTED A E! LOL SO YH BUY IT AND YOU WONT REGRET IT :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but is it everything?, 2 Jan 2012
Indeed a very useful book for all taking this course. However If you are having abnormal amounts of difficulty with the course ( like myself.. :S ) I would advise buying an official OCR support book as they are sure to have more detailed information and better more structured answers. Unlike GCSE where you can rely on these books completely I would not suggest doing that for this course. But still a great book for quick revision sessions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Revision Guide, 21 Dec 2009
Anne Crofts (Harpenden, England) - See all my reviews
This book is well set out and easy to follow and, as with all CGP guides, an excellent revision guide for the course. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 July 2013
Good, it makes revision a little bit fun as well as giving very good information. I feel I learnt a lot from this book. I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars V Good, 1 Nov 2011
Just got this revision book and it is BRILLIANT!!

I mean there's no way i'm getting an A* if i just read this book, but it does help. I got 80% in my end of unit test from this book as it condenses the topics in a few pages. And as it is a CGP book, it is very friendly and many jokes which make you LOL.

I recommend the same books for Physics (AQA) and Chemistry (EDEXCEL) as i got them and they are also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST-BUY for OCR biology AS students, 3 April 2011
Our biology teachers at school aren't brilliant. And usually CGP guides have this reputation for being too basic. But this is different. It sticks to the syllabus and goes through it EXTREMELY clearly, making difficult concepts easy with pictures, diagrams, and clear content .... and includes everything you need to know. Explains things so clearly you will feel like a tutor is explaining it to you. Its a good idea to couple it with an OCR textbook like OCR AS Biology Student Book and Exam Cafe CD-ROM for definitions etc, but this CGP revision guide is IDEAL for really learning the basic concepts, making revision notes from, and really does cover everything needed for OCR bio AS level. Couldn't do without it. 100% recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 July 2014
Lacks a lot of information, I doubt you could get an A with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced my course textbook, 19 Jun 2014
I quickly found this guide replacing my textbook as my source of revision, and having now completed my AS exams, I feel that it prepared me very well - containing good, in depth explanations of difficult ideas. It also contained pretty much the entire course and was very thorough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good extra revision book!, 6 May 2014
This is really good and i would recommend you get this but ......i know people say this a lot but don't just rely on this book
especially for biology.As they make you understand something easier but they dont always give the answer format for an exam paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 6 Mar 2014
It does help a lot with my revision, since I started using it there has been a drastic increase in my performance, however it would be nice if I could order a customised book.
Thanks

AS-Level Biology OCR Complete Revision & Practice (Revision Guide)