5.0 out of 5 stars GUARANTEED A GRADE!
Published on 14 Mar. 2010 by Ashbookaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a fairly good source of information
Published on 3 Jan. 2012 by Skipper

5.0 out of 5 stars GUARANTEED A GRADE!, 14 Mar. 2010
This review is from: AS-Level Biology OCR Complete Revision & Practice for exams until 2015 only (Paperback)
I BOUGHT THIS GUIDE TWO MONTHS BEFORE MY JAN EXAMS THIS YEAR AND I ONLY USED THIS GUIDE AS MY SOURCE OF REVISION. I HAVE TO SAY IT MAKES A LEVELS SOOO MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND AND REVISE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE TEACHERS WHO LOVE TO OVER-LOAD YOU WITH INFORMATION RATHER THAN JUST RELY ON THE SPEC. ANYWAY GOT MY RESULTS ON THURSDAY AND I GOT AN A!!!!!!! I WAS PREDICTED A E! LOL SO YH BUY IT AND YOU WONT REGRET IT :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but is it everything?, 2 Jan. 2012
Indeed a very useful book for all taking this course. However If you are having abnormal amounts of difficulty with the course ( like myself.. :S ) I would advise buying an official OCR support book as they are sure to have more detailed information and better more structured answers. Unlike GCSE where you can rely on these books completely I would not suggest doing that for this course. But still a great book for quick revision sessions!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU CAN GET AN A GRADE WITH THIS GUIDE!, 3 Jan. 2014
Though I did not buy this book off Amazon, I thought I'd give my view on it (although I should really be revising now I guess).

First off, I just want to point out as you're probably thinking about it, can you get an A or B grade? YES. Can I get an A or a B grade with this revision guide alone? MAYBE. The answer should have been a 'NO' and not a 'MAYBE' as you should also use your class notes as well as past papers (which I think are the most powerful), but really I'm not sure because this revision guide is GOLD!

A great, great revision guide one of the best I've seen, I've bought dozens and dozens of revision guides over the years (including other subjects) and this is probably the best one. WHY? It's got all the main points, they don't ramble on like thick student textbooks, great and understanding writing, jokes that are sometimes funny and mostly terrible (which make them more funny I guess), great diagrams and helpful questions!

I may be over selling the book here, but this book is really good. I see that a someone has gave it a 3 star saying it doesn't cover everything, I'm not too sure, I've not read it all but it definitely has 95% of the spec. (by the looks of the contents and a quick flick through). But that doesn't matter because you'll have your school notes and past papers!

Seriously you may be able to get away with just revising from this though, because it's great. Foot for thought - I've been saying all this because I've seen how it has helped me in class tests and BUT I have been using my class noted and past papers along side this book.

I don't know who's actually bothered to read this all the way through but good luck!

You will NEVER regret buying this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a fairly good source of information, 3 Jan. 2012
I have been using this book for my revision recently and I have to say this isn't really up to the standards of CGP books that I remember from my GCSE's. Don't get my wrong, there is some really useful information in this book, explained in simple terms, however I find that there isn't enough detail to ensure good understanding of content. I would highly recommend this book as long as it is being used with another resource (I would highly recommend the OCR Biology book that has been written with Heinemann, it keeps very close to the Unit content)

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend with additional notes, 27 April 2012
Being a second year (A2) student (re-sitting my january module for AS)I found this book very helpful as it helped me to secure a C in my january module retake for AS (I had gotten a D before). This book was clear,concise and condensed.Each topic is highlighted with a title and ends with practice questions,including 2 exam questions. Since I didnt have a textbook for AS OCR biology(maybe I should have got one) I used the revision guide as an outline. This book coveered all the modules so I didnt bother getting a textbook, although i recommend that you use the textbook aswell because sometimes the information in the revision guide was just TOO simplistic and I had to use my notes form last year to understand certain things. One of my friends re-sat the same exam and used additional notes from last year lessons and used the revision guide as an outline,she got an A. Overall I recommend the book but just not by itself it would help if you used the textbook as the source of revision and used this revision guide as an outline.Do all this and I'm sure you'll do well. (Also-printing out the specification and highlighting what you've learnt also helps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Revision Guide, 21 Dec. 2009
Anne Crofts (Harpenden, England) - See all my reviews
This book is well set out and easy to follow and, as with all CGP guides, an excellent revision guide for the course. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy- buy it early, 11 Jun. 2012
Explains many things better than teacher and textbook.
Enables you to cover topics before lessons.
Helps you revise not only for your exam, but end of module tests.
Saves a lot of stress; between school and the guide I had a deeper understanding than my classmates, and remembered things easier (got better test marks too).
Covers almost everything. I just wrote an extra page of notes (bullet points that were mostly personal preference, like examples of carcinogens, sequences in immunity etc.) per module and was covered!
You do have a much beefier textbook you need to use (well, glance at) but in comparison this is far more student friendly. As long as you behave during the year, and actually work, this is a valuable weapon! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book from CPG, 21 May 2015
Don't usually write reviews however these books are fantastic.
Being lazy throughout the school year didn't leave me with the best hope for the unit 1 exam however by condensing all the notes in this book starting 24 hours before the exam I feel I have done very well and it worked a treat on what many have said was a difficult exam.
The major difference between this books and other textbooks is that it's so well organised and doesn't cram every page with information. It contains most of the essential information (a few minor details missing) in an easy to follow booklet.
I can't recomend this book enough especially if your are lazy like me and don't like the other textbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not have passed A level Biology without these., 18 Feb. 2013
They are so good, simple and easy to read, yet provide a brilliant explanation of the subject. To be honest though you could probably only achieve a B in AS level by using this alone, you really need to supplement it with a text book.

If I could recommend a strategy to anyone starting A level biology it would be to read the topic through before each lesson, then even if you don't understand much of the revision guide, you will see it click into place during the lesson, and you will understand it quicker than everyone else in the class.

(I got an A using this, past papers and the text book, and I only revised 1 week before the exams.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 25 Feb. 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Everything is clearly explained and well formatted. I used just this book in conjunction with some past papers and mark schemes and ended up getting an A.

AS-Level Biology OCR Complete Revision & Practice for exams until 2015 only