4.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Published on 27 Oct. 2010 by Dusty12

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best
After also purchasing collins range of study books I found these less helpful , as they seem to be less to the point and more joke, not my style of learning but has some one or two good bits of information
Published 4 months ago by gem

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Head Start to AS Biology - for exams until 2015 only (Paperback)
It's not a bad book in itself, but I think it would be better just to purchase a normal AS textbook and read that during the summer instead. This book is quite thin, and a lot of the content was irrelevant to my course or had already been covered at GCSE. Maybe it would've been more useful had I not done Triple Science, but I didn't find it particularly enlightening or helpful.
As with most CGP books, it was well presented and easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for quick and basic look at key biology topics, 29 Oct. 2010
I bought this book for my Access (health and social care pathway) course. I am returning to education after over 20 years... this has really helped me to get a basic understanding of topics we have covered in our biology modules, it doesn't give you enough information for assignments or exams but is useful for the link between GCSE and AS to help you understand concepts before you then research them further and in more detail. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a Head Start, 13 Aug. 2009
Fita Izak (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
`A Wonderful book, CGP really do know how to present books, I found it to be both enjoyable and resourceful, it's a must for students going onto AS Level Biology. Since there is a pretty big gap between the standard required from students, with pretty much no transition.
A Must Buy for Student, Parents, Teachers and Tutors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug. 2013
This book is amazing I don't have any other way of describing it. It covers the main points you need to know during the course and is so simple and easy to understand that it makes the a level course as easy as possible...I would 100% recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, concise and easy to revise, 2 Sept. 2013
I bought this to revise from before starting AS Biology as I heard that it was a lot more difficult than GCSE, and this book has certainly helped to prepare me for the course. It doesn't go into huge amounts of detail and is very accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars really helpfull book, 19 Aug. 2013
I bought this book as it was recommended by one of my teachers. In my honest opinion it is helpful, clear and concise making it easy to use and widely accessible.
I recommend this if you are looking to study biology for AS!

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best, 25 Mar. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Find these very useful - good layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Sept. 2013
As always, CGP simplify topics and create an easier understanding! However, they still use a really good level of detail. really good book for my as level biology!

5.0 out of 5 stars AS Biology, 31 Dec. 2013
Although this is AS level it covers the basics so is a good all rounder for secondary school. I would recommend to anyone revising from year 7 onwards.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Head Start to AS Biology - for exams until 2015 only
Head Start to AS Biology - for exams until 2015 only by CGP Books (Paperback - 23 May 2008)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available