5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming - lovely bedtime read
This book is perfect if you like I want to escape all seriousness in your life including your job, bills and all such boring adult topics.

Although I wouldnt read this on the train (Im sorry but ditzy I do not want to be deemed when heading into Londons Corporate Metropolis) the book had a very warm home in my bed for 2 nights (Im a fast reader)

In a...
Published on 27 Aug 2010 by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Brought to you by Cheese FM
Ok, I don't usually read chick-lit but I thought I'd give it a go!

It does exactly what it says on the tin. A modern day Cinderella Story, right down to the glass slipper.

It is reasonably funny, very easy to read and takes no real involvement on the readers behalf so perfect for the beach.

The problems....

1) The editing is...
Published on 3 May 2012 by Alison Fable

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming - lovely bedtime read, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)

In a nutshell it was delightful. Im not going to lie it was ridiculously cheesy at some points but what good Chick Lit isnt?

Enjoy !

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea and a nice light read, 3 Nov 2010
Sunglasses - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Jessie Woods is a true Cinderella after her mum dies when she is only 3 and her adoring father re-marries. Her step-mum has 2 daughters who are very mean. Jessie vows that she will make something of herself and become a rich star and marry her handsome modern day prince. The plot quickly moves to Jessie as a young woman and seemingly with the perfect man. Then it all comes crashing down and she has to go back and live with her step mother and ugly sisters. So there you have it, a modern day story with a Cinderella twist without giving any more of the plot away. It took a while to really catch my imagination but after a few chapters I was really hooked. Very funny in places and a good light easy going read. You really do empathise with Jessie and suffer with her in places. Well worth reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brought to you by Cheese FM, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)
Ok, I don't usually read chick-lit but I thought I'd give it a go!

The problems....

1) The editing is sloppy, it is littered with grammatical errors and erroneous words which is one of my pet hates.
2) Jessie is very hard to feel sorry for, people have far worse situations!!!
3) A lot of the circumstances in the book and the occurrences are far too obvious/contrite.

But it was a fun read I suppose.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but...., 3 Oct 2010
Kathy Warbey (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)
Quite enjoyable if you have a spare afternoon but very predictable. Did not like the beginning as she kept saying "you will not believe this but..." or words to that effect and this was annoying but then she must have got into the flow of writing because these phrases were dropped as the book progressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted, 19 Aug 2012
Thoroughly good book, light hearted but also moving and humorous. Usual high standard of Claudia Carroll, can't wait for her latest book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Riches to rags, 11 Sep 2010
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Jessie Woods has what appears to be the perfect life. She is a television star who takes part in wacky stunts every week on live TV. But under the surface things are starting to crumble and Jessie is in debt. But that is only the start of her problems and in a moment of madness she makes a serious mistake and is fired from her job. Forced to return to the house where her stepmother, Joan, and stepsisters Maggie and Sharon live it seems she cannot get any lower.

Jessie has never got on with her stepsisters but this time circumstances force her - and them - to put aside their old antagonisms. Jessie finds out that when the chips are down you can only rely on your real friends and they may not be the people you expect will stand by you. Dumped by her boyfriend, Sam, homeless and nearly friendless Jessie is reduced to doing the housework in exchange for bed and board. Can Jessie make a new life for herself and learn some valuable lessons.

I enjoyed this book - up to a point. I liked Jessie because she learned how she had contributed to her own downfall. I also found myself warming to Maggie and Sharon in spite of their belligerence. The rest of the characters - including the hero - were less believable. Somehow the book didn't quite hang together though the idea of riches to rags made a change from the reverse scenario. I felt the story almost died in the middle and was perhaps about seventy five pages too long and I don't think I shall be reading any of this author's previous books.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is just plagiarism, 6 Oct 2010
This review is from: Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother (Paperback)
Lots of this book has just been lifted from other sources and shouldn't be allowed.

Do a search for Claudia Carroll Plagiarism on google or twitter and you will see the examples

People that do this aren't authors

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 14 July 2014
A great, fun read. The characters were likeable although the ending was a bit abrupt. I didn't really want it to end so soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 4 May 2014
Very funny book which was hard to put down. Have become a huge fan of Claudia Carroll and this was well worth reading

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 8 April 2014
An easy read. Hard to put down and funny in places. However, it is lacking in something hence 3 stars

Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother by Claudia Carroll (Paperback - 5 Aug 2010)