5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious
Having read A WAGs Diary and loved every minute of it (was late for work because I couldn't put it down on more than one occasion) I just had to get this book. However, I was a little apprehensive as I wondered whether the humour of the 1st book could continue to remain fresh - I needn't have been!! This book is as funny as the 1st and makes you laugh out loud...
Published on 14 Aug 2008 by H. Wyld

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Fun but in no way as good as the original WAG book. Recommended for a little light reading if you enjoyed the first book but im not sure that I will be reading it again.
Published on 5 Jun 2009 by Ms. L. V. Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 14 Aug 2008
H. Wyld (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Paperback)

I won't go into details about the plot as wouldn't want to spoil it, but if you enjoyed a WAGs Diary, you'll love this just as much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tracie Martin is back, and she's dafter than ever!, 13 Sep 2008
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Paperback)
The Queen WAG is back with her second book about her new life in LA. Tracie, husband Dean and daughter Paskia-Rose have moved to Los Angeles for Dean's new job as a football coach. That's the British version of football, not the version where guys run around in padding and helmets!

For those that haven't read the first book, you really need to before you read this one. Buy them both together and laugh yourself silly. Tracie Martin is a deluded woman who genuinely believes that WAGs should rule the world. If a woman doesn't spray tan to within an inch of her life, then smother her skin in foundation and have manicures twice a week, Tracie thinks they're insane. In her eyes, all women should be blonde, with bright orange skin and wear tiny clothes. Anyone else is beneath her, and must be corrected.

Tracie adores her husband, but feels a little pushed out when he starts his new job in the States. He's so busy, and eager to make a good impression that Tracie is frequently left alone. And with so much time on her hands, it's no surprise that she gets herself into trouble. Soon, she has made friends with a sexy young man and they terrorise LA together. Tracie believes that the gorgeous Jamie genuinely cares about her and is her new best friend. The problem is, he's not quite what he seems...

Within weeks of being in America, Tracie is stalking Victoria Beckham, meeting up with her long-long father, getting tee-total LA types off their trolleys and collaborating with criminals. Basically, Tracie is being her usual barmy self. And she's great! Despite the fact she's silly and shallow, you'll find yourself loving her, and laughing out loud at her escapades. I did, several times! Underneath her orange exterior, Tracie has a heart of gold and loves her family, and although she has a funny way of showing it, you'll warm to her nevertheless.

This is a great example of a novel being character-led. The scrapes Tracie gets into are hilarious and silly, but she's such a strong and well-portrayed character, that if she were a real person, you could actually believe these things would happen to her!

The book is a laugh a minute. Beware if you read it in public though, you're bound to get some funny looks from people because you'll be chortling to yourself. This is a great continuation of the previous book, and if you like chick-lit, you'll love this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 5 Jun 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 4 Dec 2008
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Paperback)
I really enjoyed A Wag's Diary, so I was really excited when I saw there was a sequel to the book.
However, as much as A Wag Abroad is a good read, I did not find it as addictively reading as A Wag's Diary. Yes there are parts when it is laugh out loud funny, but then are also parts which do drag on and are extremeley "unbelievable". If you are after a light hearted read then by all means read this but please read A Wag's dairy first to get a understanding of a "Wag's World".

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun read, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
this is a really funny book the main character made me laugh out loud.Just the job to cheer you up on a cold rainy day

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
Such a fun read, Tracie at her best. If you love TOWIE you will love this. Shame about the last part of the book. Bad editing. Light entertainment at its best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
Written simply and has some blizzard advice!a great fictional read,in the end you.'ll never fake tan or look at wags clothing the same again lol

4.0 out of 5 stars A WAG Abroad, 14 May 2013
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and it definitely lived upto my expectations after reading the original WAG Diary a couple of years before! (I wouldn't recommend reading the Euro 2012 one, I found it really disappointing and try-too-hard humour).... its tracy martin all over! FABULOUS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again...brilliant, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
The books get better as the series goes on. Tracie is such a loveable character. Love love love it. Great Read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as a A WAGs diary, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: A WAG Abroad (Kindle Edition)
Before I say anything else, I am going to buy the next book as soon as I feel the need for light relief.

I wish I could say that I laughed as much as I laughed with the previous book. It got much better towards the end and then I had quite a few giggles.

Although the premise for this comedy of errors irritated me, it would make an amusing movie.

Her character building is good. You will shake your head in disbelief when you read her own outfit descriptions.

Like her, there was one character I would have liked to get to know better.

All in all, a great summer read. Ideal for when you take a moment between marketing strategies and meetings with your accountant.

A WAG Abroad
A WAG Abroad by Alison Kervin (Paperback - 24 July 2008)