Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 December 2010
This book is brilliant from the word go. Amy has just moved to Suffolk with her son after the loss of her partner Jamie. She makes friends with Harry down on the allotments and before she knows it she is friends with Saffron and working for her. Then you have Ben the doctor who Amy is drawn too, but not everything is plan sailing as there is a few things that gets in their way.

This book does not just centre around Amy which is good as you learn all about the others.

First book I have read by Julia Williams and I will be reading more.
on 17 June 2012
I am not a big 'chick lit' fan/reader. But every so often I will read one or two just to ease my brain.

I loved this. Yes, the storyline is pretty much the same as all the others, girl meets boy they do not get on and then slowly fall in love. But that is a plotline that works and it really works well here.

I loved all the characters, especially Harry (paper hankies needed here!). And Saffron is just a fantastic character, would love a friend like her.

If you want a good girlie read and not a regular run of the mill story then this is for you. There are sufficient side stories to the main love one to keep this book more than a cut above the others.
on 22 January 2011
I really enjoyed this book, I have read a number of books by Julia Williams and this one does not let you down.
You can relate to Amy as she goes through moving house and coming to terms with moving on following the death of her husband. A lovely read that made me sad when I got to the end, I could of carried on reading for a good few more days.
on 14 August 2011
I would recommend you read this one on a snowy winter day with a mug of hot chocolate in hand! The characters really appealed to me and I loved the whole 'stranded in a lovely house in the countryside in the snow' plot. A nice cosy read for an escape on a cold day.
on 1 January 2013
Recommend this book to those who like romantic novels. Easy reading which can be put down and picked up. Really enjoyed reading the book over the Christmas period as it gripped my attention during such a busy period. A welcome distraction to the stresses of the festivities.
on 31 July 2008
This is not your usual bonk-fest or bodice-ripper, so when you plan to buy this book, bear in mind what you are looking for. I can only assume the two negative reviews on this novel are based on the fact they were looking for something different.

This is a lovely, gentle story about a woman starting a new life with some gardening references thrown in for good measure!! I found this book to be a very sweet read and left you feeling good afterwards. I am looking forward very much to Julia William's new novel which is out in November.
on 4 February 2013
Julia Williams books are the standard man meets woman but nothing goes straightforwardly as there is always misunderstandings between them. However, that being said, there is more depth to this book than to some as there is the relationship with her mother-in-law and the tension of having taken her son to live a long way away from her. The grieving for a lost husband and the friendship of an elderly neighbour. There is also some double-dealing from someone whose identity is not revealed for some time. A number of laugh out loud moments helped to make this a great bed time read.
on 9 February 2012
Well, I think the author of this book must be working on commission for Radio 2 because there are so many references to R2 in every chapter that it is hard to believe not. It gets tiresome after a short while. As for the story, well, it is an ok but predictable story, and to be honest I wasn't sure if I could finish it. Bit tedious in places, and like I say predictable. I don't know if this is the authors' first book, but as well as all the R2 references, it does also seem like she has read a book entitled "How to write a novel in quick, easy steps" because the way the characters all seem to say "I wonder where I will find someone to share my business/life/allotment....yada yada yada..considering that in the first chapter we find out the heroine has just moved to a new town, is widowed, has a young son and no job, it really is not difficult to see how the story pans out. Up to you if you read it, but there are far better books out there that are definitely NOT tedious and predictable....
on 13 December 2014
Some typing errors in one chapter but I admire the author for making such a predictable ending into a full scale novel. It was however touching, amusing and romantic and of course I did love the ending despite its predictability. I'm fairly new to Julia Williams but really enjoy these easy read romances and her characters. She also uses good descriptive backgrounds. Enjoy.
on 10 April 2013
Whilst I am enjoying the book itself, I was surprised by some of the printing errors, eg some words run into one another, quite a few other words have letters missing from the ends. I am about halfway through the book but have never had another Kindle book with quite so many typos in it. I have downloaded quite a few books but have never had this problem before.