Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2008
I looked forward to reading this, and have just finished but have to say the book did not hold me like others have. The basic storyline is good and there are some nice moments, but it is very drawn out leaving you with the impression that not much has actually happened by the end of the read. It's one of those books you can finish, but never pick up again...disappointing..
on 11 March 2008
have just finished reading this story. It is slow going and I am not really sure that I liked it. I kept on putting it down and picking it up because unlike other sequels it did not hold my attention.

Elizabeth is now Mistress of Pemberley and starts trying her hand at being a match maker as she wants to find Georgiana and Anne de Bourgh a partner so they can be as blissfully happy as she is. They manage to persuade Lady Catherine to allow them to take Anne with them on a Holiday to Paris and to spend time with them at Pemberley.

Mrs Bennet dies not long after the marriage of Jane and Elizabeth, so Mr Bennet employs a companion come teacher for Kitty and Mary a Mrs Castlemain and eventually marries her.

All in all the story premises is quite a good one but the way it is written it is very hard to read, and seems very long drawn out.

I have decided to try and read it a second time to see if I can enjoy it better with a second reading. I hope that it will not be as disappointing as the first.
on 28 June 2009
I love tth continue of proud and prejudice but this is one of the nicest