I must confess I do not read many biographies, and when I do it's rare that I finish them. For some reason I found myself relating Bruce's book to that of Nosher Powell and Lenny McLean. I may also be slightly biased... I'm a keen martial artist, MMA fan, and I think through his sheer presence in the Octagon, have always been a fan of Bruce.

I picked up the...
Published 18 months ago by Phil Goddard

2.0 out of 5 stars Average
There are moments in this book which are genuinely interesting however the book is let down by the authors entry of `Bufferisms` which are mostly very poor attempts at humour, the anecdotes are weak and poorly structured.
Overall a disappointing book , I cannot understand why this book is so poor in content.
I am a diehard fan yet if I could unread this book I...
Published 22 months ago by Mat Brockbank

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique and great point of view to the world of MMA for fans, and an interesting way in for non-fans., 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC (Hardcover)

I picked up the book for a number of reasons, some for Bruce specifically, and others to understand more about the UFC from an insider's perspective.

Bruce delivers his life story, and stories of colleagues and friends, with honesty and respect, and his words alone seem to be written straight from the heart. Although the book addresses most of his life, it is amazing how much he has accomplished in a short space of time. His ambition, drive, enthusiasm and passion should be an influence to any reader.

An easy and thoughtful read, for both MMA fans and everyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Mar. 2014
All my friends want to be GSP or Jon Jones.

I would rather be Bruce Buffer.

Read this and revel in the story of a self made man, a man's man and a ladies man.

5.0 out of 5 stars For UFC fans, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC (Hardcover)
This is a great gift for fans of UFC. I bought it for a collector of all things UFC related and it proved a very popular present!

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 22 Jun. 2013
I am a diehard fan yet if I could unread this book I would.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
No a great book but okay I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word to describe Bruce Buffer = PASSION!!!!, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC (Hardcover)
What an amazing book!! Much much more then I was expecting. I must admit I did not know much about Bruce Buffer apart from the fact he announced the fights in the Octagon. Earning him the title the veteran "Voice Of The Octagon" (VOTO). I read a couple of passages where he talked about a couple of the fighters and though it was well written and might give some interesting stories and information about other fighters. The book is that and so much more.

To explain the book, let me give a brief introduction to Bruce Buffer, trust me whatever I say does not do him justice. He is:

a successful business man/consultant
a telemarketer
a respected mentor to young fighters
a manager
a lifelong martial artist
a semi pro surfer
a professional gambler
a motivation speaker
a playboy (even at the age of 48 when this book was published)
a fan
and a ring announcer

He even sometime turns in to Buffer-man and beats up beach bullies, back up his friends in bar fights; these friends include Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, & B J Penn to name a few.

This book reads part motivations self-help book, to real world business models that could be applied to any walk of life, to martial arts, never backing down, surrounding yourself with the right people and most of all be 100% passionate about what you do or don't bother. Bruce Buffer (BB) seems to lead a charmed life. I have no doubt his work extremity hard to get where he is because in his own words "Buffer-isms" he does not do anything by halves a trait he learned early on from his dad. He writes his book in the same way. GSP in his book The Way of the Fight said if he was going to write a book it was going to be the best book in his category, for his sake he does not see this book in his category because in my opinion it is better. The book starts from BB early family life to his pre UFC business including his reconciliation and management of his (lost) older brother Michael Buffer.

BB learned early on in his life what he was good at, and then tied to his interests to his strengths and let his passion guide him into doing the best he could in whatever venture he was pursuing from business, to women, to martial arts. If he lost his job as VOTO he would be devastated. Not because of the money he has made enough money to make himself financially independent. He would be devastated because he loves the UFC and martial arts. Let me paint a picture for you what he receives from the UFC. He announces each fight, watches it from ring side, then he is at every after party and pre-event. He counts the best fighters and coaches in the world as friends and training partners. I mean which fan would not go ballistic to spend a day with Randy Couture, or a young fighter to have a private training secession with the legend? Through his media connections he meets all the top actors, stuntmen, producers, directors and even kings' princess' and sheiks? He is on the V.I.P and High Roller list of every club or casino, to top all that he files all over the world for free and is paid well to be an announcer. Could he want more for life? I will let him answer that one.

This is a great book that will give you motivational advice you can use if you choose to, or great insight into the pre-zuffa to the modern UFC and the fighters new and old. Really enjoyed this book (much more then I thought I would) and would recommend it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only For Serious UFC Fans, 10 Oct. 2013
William K (UK & Ireland) - See all my reviews
Was a good read, especially the earlier part. Great history and insight into the UFC. Bruce's story is quite interesting and inspiring. However he is a bit too self-praising and sensationalist for my liking. Got a bit boring for last third of book. His self-inflating stories about his female exploits etc were silly, he needs much more humility. If I wasn't a major ufc fan and practicing martial artist I would not have enjoyed at all.

It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC
It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC by Bruce Buffer (Hardcover - 20 Jun. 2013)