on 8 January 2010
This book is brilliant. The only account of the global meltdown that you'll ever need to read. It's funny and extremely wide reaching in its subject matter (I think I learnt more about the recession in this than any amount of newspaper column inches) - the definitive account of why and how we all ended up in the you know what. Essential reading.
on 27 February 2010
The grumpy old man genre is often quite reactionary, but this has its heart and its brain pretty much in the right place. Appealing rants against the bankers, the BNP, New Labour Bollocks, and so on. Quite enjoyable - I even laughed out loud once or twice.
on 14 May 2011
Some amusing bits in an A-Z of modern Britain. The gratuitous use of the F-word in all its forms no longer shocks half-way through the book after its eight hundredth use, no underestimate! Worth buying from a discount store.
on 22 December 2009
Having just read Quentin Letts Bog Standard Britain - funny and well written - this was not to my liking. It certainly did not appeal to my sense of humour, which is fairly broad,as it was riddled with gratuitous foul language. Give it a miss
on 3 March 2010
None of the books have been quite as funny as the original book, which was eye wateringly brilliant!