5.0 out of 5 stars What a life
I literally could not put this book down from the moment I picked it up at 6pm until I finished reading it at 1am.

From the opening page right up until the acknowledgments I was engrossed, entertained and enlightened.

Published on 2 Oct 2009 by S. Chipchase

3.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely hilarious read
I Am Ozzy is a hilarious autobiography by Ozzy Osbourne, former lead singer of Black Sabbath. It's filled with humourous anecdotes from his life before and after the band and is a more than enjoyable read.

Published on 12 Nov 2011 by Rachel S

5.0 out of 5 stars What a life, 2 Oct 2009
S. Chipchase - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)

I've laughed out loud, i've smiled to myself, i've looked at the page in open mouthed shock and have gone through such a rollercoaster of emotions during the seven hours of reading its amazing.

Very rarely in my experience does a book take you on such a journey as this one does. High, lows, ups, downs it's all here told in brutal unflinching honesty.

What more could anyone want from a book?

I for one could ask for nothing more

5.0 out of 5 stars A long time coming but its worth the wait, 2 Oct 2009
Brian V. Burford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)
When BBC Radio Five Live first began Sybil Roscoe had Ozzy Osbourne on her programme as a guest. God knows how many years ago that was, but Ozzy said then that he was going to bring out an autobiography and call it John. Well it's here now, at last, and it's worth the wait.

I first encountered Ozzy during my early days of rock education through the pages of Kerrang! I'd heard of Ozzy and Black Sabbath, but wasn't too familiar with Ozzy the solo star. He had the cover and was dressed as a werewolf. Inside all the pictures was of him as a werewolf and I began to wonder if this man actually looked like a werewolf! Of course, I soon realised it was a video for Bark At the Moon. Subsequently I bought that album and saw him on tour and have been a fan ever since.

What I always liked about Ozzy is that he has never forgotten his roots. He's not arrogant and never comes across as big-headed. This comes over in his book which is written just the way you know and love Ozzy to be. It has his colourful delivery, wonderful descriptions of his adventures; all the famous ones and some you never heard of - the only gripe is the cover, which is a bit bland.

I Am Ozzy will have you laughing at his outrageous adventures, but also have you cringing too. There is sadness at the death of Randy Rhoads and how the Nazis nearly killed him - you'll have to read it to work that one out - and the controversial mishaps that he's had will also have you smiling.

There isn't much more to say except that if you're an Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath fan this book is a must buy. But even if you're not, you're still going to enjoy it because it's the story of a guy from Aston, Birmingham, who made it big and as he has said many times before, is the luckiest guy in the world. The difference is that he knows it and had made the best of his talents and abilities.

3.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely hilarious read, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)

I've read a few musician's autobiographies, and I can honestly say that none of them have ever made me laugh like this one did. I was laughing aloud at something on almost every page and I loved Ozzy's British humour. There were some great stories about his time in the band and although the book was filled with humour, Ozzy also showed a sensitivity when it came to writing about the hard things, like death and drug addiction.

Although I loved the book and the stories in it, I couldn't help get the feeling that maybe there was some extra spice being added to some of the anecdotes. I mean, yeah, he was a crazy rocker, but after all these years and all these drugs, can he really remember as much as he claims to? Maybe so, but for me it didn't quite feel right, so I was unable to fully `click' with the book. It's a real shame, because I really did enjoy Ozzy's easy writing style.

I Am Ozzy was a fun read, but overall something just didn't come together for me. If you're looking for a musician's autobiography that has plenty of hilarity go for this one, but just don't expect too much depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozzy...over the top.....again., 29 Jun 2010
Mr. S. P. Thompson "SteveT" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Paperback)
Oh yeah...OK Ozzy, I'll believe you even if I have heard half of the anecdotes in here before. Who cares...somehow Ozzy has become a national treasure and lets face it they don't do rock stars like him anymore, just a bunch of wimps who couldn't bite the top off a Big Mac, let alone a live bat. (Or a rubber one come to that!!) Great book, good for a laugh and .....i'd have bought it anyway because he had the decency to reply to my get well letter when he was 'quad-biked'.
Seriously....it IS a good and humourous read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozzy is a brilliant read, 26 Mar 2010
Mr. M. D. Curzon "cheshirewizard" (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)
The book is one of the best biographies I have read for along time as Ozzy is such a down to earth man who has a love for music and his family. I would recommend it to anyone who loves music but not easily offended by his colourful language. I enjoyed mostly all the wild things he has done in the past and all the practical jokes he played on others and had done to himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading!, 24 Mar 2010
Jesse Saarinen (FINLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)
Most awsome book! This is the kind of book you just can't wait to get back to!
As good as The Dirt and Scar Tissue!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good audio cd, 7 Jan 2010
COBBY (Fareham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Audio CD)
Bit dissappointed this wasnt the man himself talking, if i`d realised i would have bought the book instead. Good life story though and still recommended for anyone who has even a passing interest in Black Sabbath, The Osbournes or Ozzy himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 12 Dec 2009
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)
I really loved this book, its one of those books that you just can't put down.

Its packed with laughs, sadness, heartbreak and all the ups & downs that you would probably expect from Ozzy but when all is said & done you come to understand the real Ozzy and how much of a caring person he is.

For many years Ozzy's life was controlled by drink & drugs which led him to lose his first wife & kids and almost cost him the life of his second wife Sharon, not to mention his own on numerous occasions, how on earth the man is still alive is a miracle..!!

I strongly recommend this book, its a fantastic read, one of the best autobiographys I have read.

2.0 out of 5 stars So Disapponiting, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Paperback)
There's actually very little about Sabbaths music in this book, but if you enjoy drinking stories and animal cruelty (and I'm not refering specifically to the Dove/Bat incidents) then this book is for you. Ozzy is just way too shallow for my taste. I should have bought Iommi's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Legend With A 1000 Lives, 29 Oct 2013
Timelord007 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Paperback)
This is a superb book on the life of John Michael Osbourne (Ozzy), From humble beginnings in Aston, Birmingham to his struggles with Dyslexia & A.D.D, To global superstardom first with Black Sabbath & later as a solo artist to a career revival with The Osbournes Reality Show.

But theres so much more to this biography, The addictions to drugs & alcohol, The failure of his first marriage to Thelma, The crazy mad borderline insane antics from shooting the Chickens on his farm to bitting heads off Doves, The truth behind the Bat biting incident to crazy nights out with Motley Crue that even was to much for Tommy Lee to handle.

This also reflects Ozzys point of view & comments his feelings on his attempted murder of wife Sharon.

Ozzy tells these wild times in a humorous way but doesn't make light of his behaviour & the effect it had on his family.

He discusses how one womans faith in him Sharon Arden restored him to greatness & the love & respect for Randy Roades who's death devastated Ozzy to this day.

This is a no holds barred account on a man who's defied death more times than he should, The Quad bike incident he died twice & was in a induced coma for several days quoting in the book as "The best the sleep I've ever had".

After years of substance abuse & alcoholism how this man is still alive is a miracle it's obvious Ozzys faith has kept him strong through good times & bad something hd also addresses in the biography.

Let us also not forget what a exellent song writer & performer this man is who's majority of albums as a Solo artist or with Black Sabbath are classics.

Ozzy discusses what a poisoned chalice The Osbournes reality Tv show it did revive Ozzys career but by propelling Jack & Kelly into the media spotlight & the lows of his children suffering the same demon's as himself outweighs the highs of his career revival.

A true Rock legend & a honest down to earth working class man who's humbling attitude has remained to this day.

God Bless Ozzy Osbourne.

P.s The story about the Vicar & the cake had me in stitches for days it's an hilarious antidote.

I Am Ozzy
I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)
16.21