5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the memories this brought back ...
Published on 24 Nov 2007 by Dr. H. Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful
Purchased for someone sharing rooms at Uni she found it helpful in dealing with with the every day issues of sharing with others and helped her deal with them and realise that nothing is new
Published 10 months ago by Peter Wrapson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the memories this brought back ..., 24 Nov 2007
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
What a brilliant little coffee table/loo book. It brought back all the frustrations over other people's domestic (or non-domestic) habits from my student days. The sheer indignation when, arriving home at stupid o'clock in the morning full of alcohol-induced self-righteousness, I found that a flatmate had nicked the last of my bread. Hell had no fury like a woman de-breaded. The passage of time has allowed me to see the funny side of these scenarios and to marvel at how entrenched in petty squabbles I could get.

This book does what it says on the tin. It presents a vast collection of notes (I can't believe that they're real, but they're certainly plausible) along with a little background and commentary. It's a laugh a minute and a great stocking filler this year for anyone who's ever lived with someone other than their parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest book i've read in a really long time!, 7 Nov 2007
C. Smith "clair4110" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on a whim this afternoon and i have been chuckling ever since. I even laughed out loud in the coffee shop several times! This is a fantastic book that really bought back memories from my student days and the joys of the angry notes left to housemates for 'unforgiveable' actions!

It is organised into rooms (where the notes are left), each with an introduction. There are then copies of the notes and then (very humourous)comments on each by the author.

I throughly recommend this book to anyone who has flat shared - it would make a great gift too!

Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking, 26 Dec 2007
Mrs. S. J. Currie "book lover" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
I HATE cheese and that is why my hubby thought this would be a good book for me (gee thanks!) Anyway it is hysterical and shows how petty/selfish and dishonest some people can be. It brings back memories of labelling food in Uni halls then finding drunken "mates" scoffing it in the early hours of the morning grrrrrrrrr!

5.0 out of 5 stars Student life, 28 Dec 2007
R. E. Thomas "Ruth" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This was broughtas a small present for my student daughter and was the only thing she read immediately and completly. Most of her friends have been phoned up and had extracts read to them. Certainly one for students and other flat sharers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for those Christmas stockings!, 26 Nov 2007
Anyone who has ever shared a flat (particularly if they didn't get on perfectly with their flatmates!) will immediately get this book. A collection of notes that range from the funny to the poignant, this book shows just what living in close confines with virtual strangers can do to people's minds. A great Christmas novelty book for pretty much anyone in the family. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Christmas Present, 25 Dec 2007
E. Moffatt (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this today (Christmas) and I havent stopped laughing since I opened it.
There are some crazy notes in there and is a really entertaining book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit cheesy but still fun, 20 May 2009
This review is from: I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes...: . . . From the Frontline of Flatsharing (Paperback)
An archetypal 'toilet windowsill book', this amusing little tome is full of 'notes' left for flatmates and is extremely well-observed. You'll squirm when you read some of them, as they'll no doubt bring back best forgotten memories; there are a few duds but most of the notes will make you groan and laugh at the same time. Great Christmas gift - for your old flatmates!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone else see themselves in the notes?!, 13 Mar 2008
This book is totally fantastic!! I sat cringing at some of the notes as I could actually see myself writing them, particularly the 'I REALLY needed (insert household grocery)'note! Nothing worse and when you tell other people who don't flatshare about the trials and tribulations of trying to guilt trip your slobby housemate into washing up THEIR dishes they look at you as if you need a life - which you do except your so busy trying to climb over someone's pile of dirty washing you can't get out to have one!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Idea for a Present, 12 Aug 2008
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is one of those books you can pick up and dip into now and again when you need a good belly laugh! It is full of supposedly real and original notes left for and by flat mates - the author provides some background information and a commentary on each one. Most of the notes are laugh out loud funny, some of them are quite sad and poignant, some of them are downright disgusting.

This book would make an ideal jokey present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy going and very funny, 1 Mar 2009
H. McCabe (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I tore through this book in a day, regulary reading out bits to other people as it was too funny to keep to myself! This is a great book for taking time out and enjoying yourself, there's no thinking involved and it's highly amusing. I did give up with reading the editorial comments, but all in I would recommend it, especially as a present to a former flatmate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›