on 31 August 2011
This book is in one word; amazing!

I love it, and I would never had thought that by reading one book that my mind could change so dramatically. Since June 22th, I have lost over 8 kg or about 1 kg per week. Only by changing my mind. By changing how I think, my food is healthier and I don't think about the food as I did 2 months ago, I only eat when I'm hungry and in between I don't care about it. I occasionally eat bread and dairy products, but in very small portions and not often. I'm not sure that every one likes to read the chapter about the milk as it's rather nasty.. especially those who cant think about life without dairy products.

When I was searching Amazon in June, I only search for top rated diet books, and that's why I bought this one, I couldn't go without read it as it had so great rates. Even though I had started to belie that I could never be thin as I hoped to be, .. But now I know I WILL BE THIN :) and just in few months, I will be as I always liked to be... I can't wait!

Thank you Maris Peer.

Gudrun
Iceland
on 10 September 2015
Unbelievable! Given this by a friend - almost insulted - I'm 71 and hardly likely to change my obesity at this age! *WRONG*; if you actually follow her easy suggestions, your thoughts about food are changed. Sounds inconceivable, but with no effort at all, except small mental exercises..the weight is simply falling off. I no longer have the least desire to eat 'the whites' as I think of them...flour, rice, potatoes and, most importantly, sugar. It has given me the most wonderful freedom, after all these years of food addiction and trying to deny cravings. Cannot recommend this book enough.
on 16 February 2009
I've never used a tool that works as well as this book. After years of boozing, my figure went from a size 8 to a 12, and I was stuck at a size 12. After reading this book, I went back down to an 8 within 2 months, and feel much healthier and happier for it. Even though I didn't have much weight to lose, I still found dropping that extra half a stone really difficult, but found it easy after reading this book and realising which foods do make you fat! I'd give it 10/10 for readability, and the CD definitely works, so don't give up reading the book! It's well worth the wait for the effects of the CD. You don't even care about food at the end of it, so long as you know it tastes nice AND is easily digestible/healthy for your body rather than full of cr@p like processed foods. I'd recommend this to anyone trying to lose any amount of weight, as it really does help you to look and feel better without consciously dieting! :)
on 26 September 2011
I am reading the book but am really disappointed that I cant get hold of the CD which is something Kindle don't seem to provide support for. In the book it states that if you would like a copy of the free CD thats mentioned in the ebook to contact Piatkus books which I've tried but they still havent come back to me. I believe the CD and book need to work together for full effect so will read the book another time when I get around to buying it in paperback form. I do however love the way she has written what i've read so far.
on 30 October 2013
I'd got to a point in my life, where I weighed the most I'd ever weighed and was completely miserable with myself, which was having an affect on my relationships with others. I finally had a wake up call, when one of my friends was actually very honest to me and told me some home truths and I thought, I have to change! Coincidentally, I read an article that explained that eating unhealthily can cause depression, mood swings etc etc, which I already knew really. So, I decided to look for a book to help me start eating healthily and searched for most popular and highest rated 'diet books'. This book caught my eye because of the cover, although, I was initially cynical, because of the title, but I read the reviews and thought 'what the hell'!

I read this book in 3 hours, from cover to cover!! I highlighted everything that I wanted to remember and key points. By the time I'd finished, even the thought of eating unhealthy foods made my stomach turn and I haven't eaten anything processed or containing wheat, sugar or dairy since. I lost 7lbs in my first week. I listen to the CD every day, which is the best part of my day, having half an hour to relax! The more you listen, the more you get used to it and the more it sinks in.

I would also like to add, that Marisa is extremely supportive and always on hand for advice. I have contacted her via Facebook and Twitter and she has always replied, with friendly, good advice.

I would definitly recommend this book, it has been life changing for me and I genuinely feel that I am a better, nicer and healthier person for it.
on 31 January 2012
The book is just a book but the philosophy is gold. I am so glad that I put on 4kg recently (due to a long illness and my mom feeding me and looking after me) because it made me research diets on the internet and find this one.

I started on the diet before I even read the book. If you have been on a restrictive diet before with all the self denial that goes with it, then eating to suit your hunger kind of goes against the grain. I already didn't eat dairy which is why I thought this would be a good diet to try. So I cut out wheat, sugar, alcohol fully expecting it to be quite hard. I still ate potatoes (hadn't read the book yet and rice and ryevita and wheat free bread...) and after 2 or 3 days started feeling good. My intestinal transit sped up (my gut historically has been my weak spot and I have had to deal with a sluggish gut on and off for years). Now I'm regular as clockwork. By the fifth day I decided I was sticking to this new way of eating whether or not I lost weight because I felt so fantastic. After 2 weeks I had lost 2 of the 4 kilos, surprise! It's been 3 weeks or so and though I haven't weighed again I know I am shedding weight and I only listened to the CD the other night and I was half asleep listening to it. To the negative reviewers I say: No plan is going to suit everybody and b. are you sure you have given it a chance?

I have not had sugar cravings and I have not missed the alcohol, I did have some champagne after about a week but I felt like it pulled me down, energywise. A few days later I had a beer, that was ok but the more I go with the plan, the less I even want alcohol sugar and all that disgusting, processed stuff that masquerades as food in the supermarkets. To be fair, when I gave some Nutella to my child, it smelt delicious but not enough to make me eat it. I do however plan to get some raw cacao, agave syrup and coconut oil and make my own raw chocolate for when I really feel like some (if is was that urgent I would have done it by now). So far to satisfy craving for sweet or something like a biscuit, I have had a few nuts and either some raisins, dried figs or other dried fruit. Occasionally a bit of honey on wheatfree seed bread and it's been enough. If you are like me, or rather like I was, you curl up on the couch at night with a glass of wine and some chocolate or some biscuits. Believe me, I know it sounds terrible to think of going without those treats but when you don't want it, you don't want it and it's no sacrifice. When you start to feel good because you are treating your body with respect then you will start to link eating those things to feeling bad.

To make it easy to succeed in the beginning before you are used to it, make sure you have delicious food available to eat. For example, I will cook an extra piece of meat to have cold the next day. Don't deprive yourself (I'm sure I could have lost the last 2kg by now but I'm not in a hurry. I also eat a small bowl of oatbran with a handful of raisins every night before bed which is not really 'allowed' (carbs after lunch and eating late at night) but I can't sleep when I'm hungry and oatbran is good for removing cholesterol). I am still shedding weight, just not super quickly. One of the main benefits, healthwise and emotionally (for those who have issues with food as most of us do) is that this way of eating gets you to listen to your body and eat according to your hunger, it puts you in touch with your natural appetite. So many diets take you away from that.

If you suffer from constipation, give it a try. It's so nice to be in touch with my body and my natural urges. I will never need to eat extra fibre, use laxatives or any other remedies, very liberating.

If you had the answer for health, vitality and slimness in one hand and your current health and eating habits in the other, which would you choose?
on 15 June 2012
This is a wonderful book. Mine is some what warn out now. I have had loads of issues with over eating and have been overweight 200-210lbs for a long time. With the help of this book i have dropped a considerable amount of weight. i know weight 146lbs and still counting. Gradually Marissa is helping me take back control of my life. Its been a hard journey and whenever i feel myself slipping, i just go back to read the chapters that are relevant. Its like a warm hug. I find her straight, honest, to the point but very gentle and kind and unjudgemental. I have already recommended this book to friends and family. I could never give my copy away. Its like an old friend whose always there to lend a helping hand. Buy this book if you really want to lose weight. You wont regret it.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2012
After 30 years of reading diet books this is the book that changed my life. I now eat healthily and have lost 2 stone. Marisa Peer has an extraordinary insight into the way we behave and her nutritional information is enlightening and easy to understand. The chapters on portable food make all the difference between succeeding and failing as for every potential problem, Marisa gives a solution. Absolutely brilliant!
on 14 May 2008
my favourite foods used to be pasta and cheese, i would regularly go to the fridge, get out a block of cheese and stand there slicing pieces off it and eating them..kidding myself that it was good protein and calcium....
i was over 10.5 stone and VERY unhappy with my weight...I was always tired, lethargic and ill and couldn't motivate myself to go to the gym.

after reading marisa's book i instantly noticed a change in the way i feel about food...cheese and pasta no longer seemed appealing, they even repulsed me a little. the same with cakes and chemical-laden processed foods.
i occasionally have chocolate or a packet of crisps or an ice lolly, but i no longer crave them and when i do, that craving easily passes, it's almost as if my subconcious mind blocks it with the thought of being slim and staying slim.

2 months on and i eat no pasta, cheese, wheat or gluten 90% of the time and i also eat very little dairy compared to what my diet used to be like.
i'm a stone lighter - i now way 9.5 stone ! and as i have more energy i am excersizing more too and toning up.

this book is based on hypnotism and suggestion, i think i would have dropped a stone even faster than i have done if i was able to listen to the hypnotism CD that comes with the book every night aswell...(my boyfriend lost my ipod headphones!)

the only critism i would have is that although i knew what i shouldn't be eating i wasn't 100% sure what sort of food i SHOULD be eating....maybe some recipes and meal suggestions at the end of the book would have been useful. she does give you some idea but it's quite vague...i suppose that is to give you the impression that she's not telling you what to eat, you are CHOOSING what to eat, so you don't feel restricted. And also to set it apart from a 'diet'.
This is not a diet - it's a lifestyle change. It will make you a healthier eater for life !
on 27 August 2009
I bought Marisa's book on recommendation from a friend. It is a very easy read and frankly , makes a lot of sense. In common with many others I have tried every diet ( over 30 years ) and always manage to end up back where I started but with a bit more weight added. We all know what we should and should not eat to manage our weight, but keeping to that is the hard part. After reading Marisa's book and using the CD provided I find I have no interest in foods such as cheese, crisps, chocolates and other carbohydrates. I have no problem keeping to the nourishing foods she recommends. The amazing part is that I don't miss or crave those foods any more. Its early days yet but I am impressed. I recommend this book wholeheartly. Good luck.