on 24 November 2007
What a brilliant little coffee table/loo book. It brought back all the frustrations over other people's domestic (or non-domestic) habits from my student days. The sheer indignation when, arriving home at stupid o'clock in the morning full of alcohol-induced self-righteousness, I found that a flatmate had nicked the last of my bread. Hell had no fury like a woman de-breaded. The passage of time has allowed me to see the funny side of these scenarios and to marvel at how entrenched in petty squabbles I could get.

This book does what it says on the tin. It presents a vast collection of notes (I can't believe that they're real, but they're certainly plausible) along with a little background and commentary. It's a laugh a minute and a great stocking filler this year for anyone who's ever lived with someone other than their parents.
on 7 November 2007
I bought this book on a whim this afternoon and i have been chuckling ever since. I even laughed out loud in the coffee shop several times! This is a fantastic book that really bought back memories from my student days and the joys of the angry notes left to housemates for 'unforgiveable' actions!

It is organised into rooms (where the notes are left), each with an introduction. There are then copies of the notes and then (very humourous)comments on each by the author.

I throughly recommend this book to anyone who has flat shared - it would make a great gift too!

Fantastic!
on 26 December 2007
I HATE cheese and that is why my hubby thought this would be a good book for me (gee thanks!) Anyway it is hysterical and shows how petty/selfish and dishonest some people can be. It brings back memories of labelling food in Uni halls then finding drunken "mates" scoffing it in the early hours of the morning grrrrrrrrr!
on 28 December 2007
This was broughtas a small present for my student daughter and was the only thing she read immediately and completly. Most of her friends have been phoned up and had extracts read to them. Certainly one for students and other flat sharers.
on 26 November 2007
Anyone who has ever shared a flat (particularly if they didn't get on perfectly with their flatmates!) will immediately get this book. A collection of notes that range from the funny to the poignant, this book shows just what living in close confines with virtual strangers can do to people's minds. A great Christmas novelty book for pretty much anyone in the family. Buy it now!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 October 2011
Ok this is on one level a great hoot for students and young people and holds a mirror up to them of how to deal with people who have different values and standards to their own. The book is extremely well presented with colour and pictures bringing the book vividly to life. You can almost smell those smells and catch those diseases from it. It is a great book for the bus-stop or the loo or the coffeebreak and is crying out to be shared with friends who will soon be joining in with their own tales. It is an illustration about how we all wish that people were all like us and did our bidding at the command of a post-it note. It also shows that tensions and conflicts can get out of all proportion. The lesson is that living with others requires a great deal of tolerance and good-will to deal with those of thicker skins or who haven't quite been house-trained yet. Some people have just simply been put here to annoy us but to take it all too seriously is to lose all the fun experiences, escapades and stories that go with meeting and being with other people. The book has you swaying between tutting the misdeameanors and being dismayed at the overreactions. It probably also makes you wonder how people survive youth. Treat youself to this book if you feel in need of a good cheap laugh.
on 25 December 2007
I got this today (Christmas) and I havent stopped laughing since I opened it.
There are some crazy notes in there and is a really entertaining book.
on 17 January 2011
I read this book accidentally when I was visiting my sister in Germany and looking for something to read in English. It was sitting in their bookshelf, so I decided to give it a go. It was hilarious. I currently live in England and my best friend has been telling me stories about the notes they write to each other with her housemates (with some of them you can't really have a face-face confrontation), and I was fascinated by the idea that people can't say things to one another personally, but write them down on notes. How do you act around the person after? It's weird, but it's apparently very English.

I bought the book for the abovementioned friend and she liked it quite a bit. It's been more her experience to be in that kind of situations, I've been mostly a subject to personal arguments - that's how we deal with things in the real world. :D

But yeah, a great read, went through it in a few hours, and worth having around when living with people, so you can keep yourself in check and make yourself feel better about the fact that there are worse housemates out there.
on 20 May 2009
An archetypal 'toilet windowsill book', this amusing little tome is full of 'notes' left for flatmates and is extremely well-observed. You'll squirm when you read some of them, as they'll no doubt bring back best forgotten memories; there are a few duds but most of the notes will make you groan and laugh at the same time. Great Christmas gift - for your old flatmates!
on 13 March 2008
This book is totally fantastic!! I sat cringing at some of the notes as I could actually see myself writing them, particularly the 'I REALLY needed (insert household grocery)'note! Nothing worse and when you tell other people who don't flatshare about the trials and tribulations of trying to guilt trip your slobby housemate into washing up THEIR dishes they look at you as if you need a life - which you do except your so busy trying to climb over someone's pile of dirty washing you can't get out to have one!