5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any male!
This is the ultimate book of rules that us lads know but have never actually seen written anywhere. This book will make you laugh when you realise how true the things in it are! It will also probably answer a few questions you might have about uncomfortable situations you may find yourself in! A definite MUST BUY for a guy!
Published on 20 Mar. 2010 by S. Kazianis

3.0 out of 5 stars Legen...just okay
Published on 21 Mar. 2012 by Mr. S. A. Sumner

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any male!, 20 Mar. 2010
S. Kazianis (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars the bro code, 12 Aug. 2009
Mr. Brent Stanton (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
For the purpose of this review, I'm going to pretend that Barney Stinson isn't really Neil Patrick Harris' character from How I Met Your Mother,

Barney Stinson who wrote or rather that should be documented the bro code. Is out there somewhere in new york being "legen.....wait for it,and i hope your not lactose intolerant because the next bit is......dary"

Now in all different cultures around the world there's an unspoken until now -code that we as men live by, be it called "the man card" or "the bro code" the name may change but the sentiment remains the same. Be an embarrassment to your self or a bro for any reason that's documented in the bro code and your not only making a fool of yourself. Your giving in one of your very limited supply of "man cards" and disappointing all the other men with your contempt for the bro code

Now as I'm sure all the men out there know. There's certain thing's that you just can't do, "like Regardless of veracity, a Bro never admits familiarity with a Broadway show or musical". or "Article 77: A Bro Never Cries." Until this weighty tomb was published The Bro Code was simply referred in with hushed tone's. Not any more its out and its oddly proud.

The Audio book version of The Bro Code that I listened to was read by Neil Patr....erm Barney Stinson, Not only does the book share some of the jokes with the TV show "how i met your mother" it benefits rather than suffers from the link. As you can honestly believe that Barney is meaning every word he says. as Neil Patrick Harris stays in character all the way through

Its not a serious piece of literature, and neither is it pretending to be. It's a funny, light and irreverent if a slightly odd book, That's a joy to read.

I dare say both men and women would enjoy reading or listening -to the bro code, Admittedly probably for different reasons. For us men, its funny because as Barney says "Whether we know it or not, each of us lead our lives by an internalized code of conduct.Some call it morality. Others call it religion. I call it : The Bro Code." It's true we do, we all stick to the idea that you shouldn't throw like a girl, or if you trip a little you should make it look like you meant to and it was the beginning of a jog that after a couple of steps you change your mind about. The ladies will like it because they already know how dumb we as men can be and conveniently its all in here about why were like that.

for your own little refresher of the bro code everyday have a look here there's always a random bro code just waiting and just remember ARTICLE 87: A Bro shall at all times say yes.

Would I buy it again...YES,
Would I listen to it again....YES
The Question I should be asking is ... are you enough of a bro or bro'ette to follow another bro's advice and buy it? re- article 87...

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend-waitforit-DARY!, 5 Dec. 2011
S. Shamma "Suad" (Abu Dhabi, UAE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
"Whether we know it or not, each of us lives a life governed by an internalized code of conduct. Some call it morality. Others call it religion. I call it "the Bro Code." It is my hope that, with a better understanding of the Bro Code, Bros the world over can put aside their differences and strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. It is then, and only then, that we might work together as one to accomplish perhaps the most important challenge society faces - getting laid." - Barney Stinson, HIMYM.

How can anyone read this and not find it LEGEND-waitforit-DARY?

I honestly didn't even know that the Bro Code existed on paper, until I happened to find the book - not even at a bookstore - but a general media store. Upon spotting it, I immediately (and excitedly) bought it, and knew exactly what to expect - a dash of humor, with a pinch of wit and lots of laughter. This is obviously a book not meant to be taken too seriously, as I noticed some reviewers have. It is a book meant to make you laugh (at least smile), while successfully endorsing the show and the character.

The Bro Code is what Barney believes is a man's bible. And should not - for whatever reason - be broken, or you will face a series of penalties as found in Section 7 of the book under Violations.

Read this book at your own peril. But be prepared for lots of cringe-worthy funny moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars A mans bible, 24 Oct. 2008
R. J. Ellis (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Cover to cover this book is genius! This is a must have for all men so we can learn to not only help one another in their time of need but it also helps to settle any arguments over 'who saw her first'

If you're a man you'll love this book and it is something that should be purchased and passed down so the next generation can understand how to be a 'bro' and therefore enjoy life to the fullest.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Open up your brain tank bra, cos I'm about to drop some premium octane knowledge!', 2 July 2009
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
This is something EVERY How I met your mother fan should own, male or female. Especially fans of Barney, as I am. (He's even better in season 4 imo. I can't wait for 5!!)

The cover design is just awesome, I'm paranoid of my little brother bending it or something(he started watching HIMYM because of this book, he's nearly 12.). Almost tempted to get him his own copy.
I'd love like a hardback official looking version, without the pic of Barney, thought that photo on the front is pure awesome.

But whether or not my little brother should be learning about tricycles at his age I don't know. But I spose he's not been exposed to as much as some kids his age have. The Bro Code is all in good fun at any rate. I love it. The audio version is super-fun too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Book!, 5 July 2011
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
I was browsing through Amazon's humour books and I found this book and I had to buy it immediatly. I'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother and Barney is without doubt the best and funniest character. This book captures Barney's character brilliantly and many of the articles in this book are from the show. I found myself laughing so much throughout this book, and I couldn't put it down. This book is a must for HIMYM and Barney fans, and its at a good price too. I will definatly be buying The Playbook: Suit Up. Score Chicks. Be Awesome soon, which is also written by Barney.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you know an like the Series, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Then you will like this book.

I cant really say anything about the contents without spoiling the fun of read it, but as a big fan of How i meet your mother TV series i must say this book is great.
You must be familiar with the series and of course the character Barney (Neil P. Harris) to understand the jokes in their full glory.

I got the 2 books and i add a great time reading them, especially because it adds content to the character and all the references made to this fictional books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have if you are a fan of the series and still quite good if you are not., 2 July 2010
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Great book for fans of How I Met Your Mother and still very amusing even if you don't watch the show. It's a quick read, not a proper book but it's nice to have like a novelty item. The "Have a look inside" from Amazon can be a bit misleading though, since it only has the first few and last pages, which are the most text dense pages. Most pages have one short paragraph with big font size and maybe a subtitle with a quirky comment.

In conclusion, don't expect a proper book, but it is a GREAT present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bro Code - Essential reading for every Bro, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
I brought this in order to verify a heinous disregard and blatant violation of the Bro Code, upon reading the Bro Code it was clear which articles had been broken and I was easily able to point them out and reference them to the Broffender, as a result an appropriate punishment was picked from the listed acceptable punishments in the Bro Code.

If you feel a fellow Bro has violated the sacred Bro Code but need to consult the code, this is the book for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Legen...just okay, 21 Mar. 2012
Mr. S. A. Sumner "cen2s2s" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
This is a reasonably fun book which is worth a flick through for a bit of humour and is a nice collectible if you're a fan of himym. However, something appears to be missing - and that's Barney himself. Yes, it all feels like things he would say and think but it just feels like an unnecessary commercial extension of himym. Personally I'd much rather watch the actual show itself to get my fix of Barney's wisdom set in the context of the storylines.

The Bro Code
The Bro Code by Barney Stinson (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2009)