5.0 out of 5 stars Even better
My guess is that if you are looking up this book it is because you are familliar with Scott Peck's work and particulary with The Road Less Travelled. The Road Less Travelled had a profound impact on me in my early twenties - as I know it did millions of other people. Further Along the Road is just as good, if not better.
I read it recently in my thirties and it...
Published on 2 May 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars More overt religious overtones
If like me you purchased this book because you found 'The Road Less Travelled' wonderfully insightful, be aware that this follow-up book has a slightly different tone to it. I was quite surprised by the quite heavy references to Christianity.

It's predecessor resonated with something inside of me mainly because it managed to find a path in between Christianity...
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by _wise_owl_

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a worthy successor to 'The Road Less Travelled', 9 Jun 2014
D.Gwillim (Liphook, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
An inspiring book which I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed The Road Less Travelled. Please also consider reading Scott Peck's other books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 7 Jan 2014
an excellent sequel which builds upon the insights of The Road Less Travelled very well. Peck's own reflections on his own spiritual journey into Christianity alongside the spiritual dimension of the psyche was very helpful. I was slightly unsure of the 'stage' description of spiritual development - a slightly simplistic description of an aspect of humanity which I suspect is far more complex than is described. That said, his emphasis on the importance of therapists accepting and addressing this element of life is powerfully expressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Further less than anticipated, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
I enjoyed the previous read ‘The Road Less Travelled’ which has become an all-time favourite. This book completely contradicts the predecessor and encompasses religious views, with a self-realisations bringing Mr Peck to a complete conversion to faith. A lot of the content is repeated from the previous book, it’s almost like a culmination of what’s been written before.

S Peck is a brilliant author in his own right, I was just disappointed that the journey in this book tuck a huge turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 18 Sep 2013
A very interesting, thought-provoking and simple read for those interested in personal and relationship development. Read "The Road less travelled" first in order to fully understand the message.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
this book along with others was bought for someone on spiritual growing path they tell me its helping them recommended for those who seem lost

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 2 Jun 2010
A. C. Williams (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
I didn't find this book nearly as captivating as The Road Less Travelled, which is a far more interesting read. It doesn't add any more vital information than the first book. Not a necessary read unless you're a die-hard fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Peck Does It Again Even Better, 28 Mar 2010
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
The Road Less Travelled is amazing, but Further Along The Road Less Travelled allowed me to practically assess and improve upon my understanding of life and the point of it. The sections on Blame, Death and Growth, Stages Of Spirituality and Self-Love Versus Self-Esteem were particularly enlightening for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The Road Less Travelled, 12 Jan 2010
Enjoyed The Road Less Travelled but this sequel seemed more a dissertation on authors view of Christianity and New Age in quite some detail. His maxims of life is difficult and life is complicated add little. No doubt there is a simpler more positive and beneficial approach.

The author does however give some sharp insights into problems with modern Psychiatry which may be of interest to professional clinicians and those with a general interest alike.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little too religious for my liking..., 7 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
Having found The Road Less Travelled informative and helpful, I was disappointed to find the second book a little too religious for my tastes. Way too much emphasis seems to be placed on the part religion has in your personal life. As a non-believer all a bit far fetched for me. If I had known before buying it was going to be a book about God, I wouldn't have bothered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Further Along The Road Less Travelled (Paperback)
I read this after reading The Road less Travelled would highly recommend to all as this is a wonderful way to increase your spiritual knowledge, an enjoyable read

Further Along The Road Less Travelled
Further Along The Road Less Travelled by M.Scott Peck (Paperback - 7 Jan 2010)
Used & New from: 62.80