5.0 out of 5 stars WELL TAILORED
Published on 7 Sep 2009 by PETER KING

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a good editor.
What should be a very interesting readvery quickly descends into a tedious narrative decribing charcters who seem to appear in random order and have no more character that anybody else's workmates. There needs to be more interestinganecdotes - I'm sure there are plenty - and less detail about what begins to sound like anybody else's day job.
I'm afraid I gave up...
Published 3 months ago by Peter Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL TAILORED, 7 Sep 2009
The book is like a Richard Anderson suit - no unnecessary padding, just the right size and well worth the price. Unlike so many books of this type Anderson has written a highly informative book on what. at first sight, might appear to be an esoteric subject, in an entertaining and interesting manner. My only criticism is that, having read the book and seen what it takes to create a bespoke suit, I can never again complain about the high cost of the finished product!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC READ, 10 Oct 2009
This is a fantastic read. I throughly enjoyed the book which reads like a novel but in the process educates the reader to both the recent history of English bespoke tailoring and what goes into making a fine mens garment. Having enjoyed this so much my only disappointment is that while I can now appreciate what goes into making a bespoke suit the classic that it is I am unlikely to be able too afford to partake of the Savile Row experience myself. I now walk through life with a heightened appreciation for what I dont have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, but not ripped., 14 Oct 2009
R. S. Mathews (Condom, France) - See all my reviews
I bought this book, out of curiosity, because I had bought a suit from the same man. I did not know what to expect. What I got was a riveting tale full of passion, but also full of drama. I really could not put it down, and if I was younger I would now love to be a Savile Row tailor. Read it, and enter a world you probably know even less about than you thought. Very inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you'd want to know about Savile Row, 29 Sep 2009
Lucille Van Baars (Needham, MA) - See all my reviews
I can't believe all I learned about the tailoring industry! It was honest, humorous and very informative. Apparently, a great deal of research went into this novel and I applaud everyone who had a hand in its publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fabulous book, 11 Mar 2010
I highly enjoyed reading the story of Richard Anderson's professional life, whilst discovering so many secrets of the world famous Savile Row techniques. The book is wonderfully written and contains lots of funny anecdotes with very demanding customers. An absolute must-read for people who care about elegance and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 9 Nov 2009
Excellent book, a real flashback to when apprentices where real apprentices and not a part of a non existent government scheme. Read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Cut, 11 Aug 2010
Very interesting & surprisingly well written too (I don't know if he employed a ghost writer, but anybody that's endured the 'Janet & John' writing style of Peter Kay's "The Sound Of Laughter" will be relieved not to see the same here).

Lots of great insights into the rarified world of The Row that us mere mortals will unfortunately never experience first hand.

Let down only by the Westlife anecdote at the end which somewhat spoilt the book for me.
Let's be honest, Westlife are to music (manufactured mass market pap) what Mr BuyRight is to bespoke tailoring.
It is difficult to have imagined a client with whom I could have been less impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throughly entertaining, 1 Sep 2009
Gibbo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A witty and enlightening insight into the workings of Savile Row. Throughly recommend - an entertaining read. Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed (Paperback)
What an absorbing and well written book. Great storytelling full of humour and interesting little snippets into the world of bespoke tailoring.

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting and readable., 13 April 2014
This review is from: Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed (Paperback)
learnt a lot about the tailoring trade. well written, light fodder for easy reading. thats about it just using up the word limit now..........

Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed
Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed by Richard Anderson (Paperback - 2 Sep 2010)
6.29