5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down
I picked this book at random during a quick break from work. Never Heard of Pagie Toon before, but have now ordered her other books!
I'm a big fan of Formula 1 so thought I would enjoy that side of it, but the whole story line was enjoyable, exciting, shocking, and at times very sad.
Someone else has written a review on here and written the following:...
Published on 1 Aug 2009 by S. Parker

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into
I have previously read all of Paige Toon's books and loved them all. Unfortunately, I just could not get into this book at all compared to the other books. I might give it another try
Published 22 months ago by Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 1 Aug 2009
S. Parker - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
Someone else has written a review on here and written the following:
'there was one pivotal central scene that came as a total shock',
this I would TOTALLY agree with, I was absolutly gobsmacked!
Also a few others have said the last couple of chapters are predicatble, this to i would agree with, but wasn't bothered by it, it made me want to finish the book even faster to find out how my predictions actually come about.
Excellent read, and now i've finished it I feel lost, can't wait for the other books to arrive, they have a lot to live upto.
Get your hands on Chasing Dasiy ASAP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Unexpected!, 8 July 2009
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
Chasing Daisy is not what you'd expect from the cover. With its glittery typeface, heart icon, and pink background, it looks like a very girly beach read. It is, of course, at times, but it's also incredibly deep, very touching and utterly fabulous.

Chasing Daisy is about Daisy Rogers, a girl completely and hopelessly in love with a co-worker. As a "bun tart," a girl who helps out with catering and hospitality during Formula 1 car races, Daisy is around fast cars and fast guys everyday. It's there that she meets, and falls for, Will Trust, the devastatingly handsome Leonardo DiCaprio lookalike race car driver who may just fancy her as well. Big problem, though? He has a very serious girlfriend. Plus, he puts his life at risk every day when he goes to work.

As Daisy chases after Will, she befriends Holly, a fellow bun tart with a crush of her own, and Luis, the other race car driver. Daisy and Holly become best friends and share almost everything with one another, because in this book, secrets are important. Luis, on the other hand, starts out as an utter nuisance in Daisy's opinion, one who won't let an old joke go, but becomes someone trustworthy and even friendly.

Chasing Daisy is a surprising book because just when you think you know what will happen next, it throws you for a loop, just like the car races you watch happen on the pages. It's far from your typical chick lit book and took me by surprise quite a few times, specifically halfway through when everything Daisy worked for is thrown upside down.

I absolutely loved the characters. From her boss, Frederick, a grump with a good heart, to mysterious Luis, to even erratic Daisy, they were all people I wanted to hang out with. I loved the scene where Luis and Daisy learn to swear in other languages. Hilarious! And although I have no prior knowledge of Formula 1 racing, the book was incredibly vivid with its details, putting the reader directly in the action.

The book goes from Monte Carlo to San Paulo and back again, with Daisy narrating the way. At first I wasn't 100% in love with the 1st person narrative (that described everything Daisy was thinking), but as the pages turned, I learned to really enjoy it. It was perfect for the kind of book it was - one that's incredibly introspective. Additionally, I absolutely loved how it ended.

I was kind of let down that they didn't develop the story behind Daisy's ex more, I really wanted (and expected) the two of them to have an encounter, but alas. That aside, I finished the book in two days. That should say enough.

Chasing Daisy is a fun book, although dramatic at times. It makes you want to travel the world and see the sights, and races, with Daisy herself. And, really, it makes you laugh. Her observations are quick, witty, and always spot on. Chasing Daisy is a truly addictive book with a voice of its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another corker from Miss Toon!, 20 July 2009
K. MEE "k8_derby" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
I couldn't wait for this book to be published after LOVING Lucy in the Sky and Jonny Be Good. I certainly wasn't dissapointed. I laughed aloud reading the book and also shed a few tears. Paige Toon really writes page turners that you just can't put down with characters you really find yourself rooting for. They can be a little predictable, as with most chick flicks, but this book had some elements that I certainly didnt see coming making it even the more engrossing.

I love the way Toon's books are also slightly linked with characters from her previous books popping up in the new ones so you get to know a little of what happened to the characters you know and love (so if you are considering getting this book I would also recommend getting the other two and reading in order). I certainly cant wait for Paige's next book (hopefully with a little insight into what Daisy is getting up to....).

5.0 out of 5 stars another great read from a fab author, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
Great book..good storyline. Good ending but would love to know what happens next

so Paige Toon, please please please continue to refer to old characters in your future books!!!!!! brilliant idea!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars loving daisy, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
I brought this book when it first came out, unfortunately two young children have meant I have not read a book to myself for a while. But I was stuck in the house because of the snow and 8 hours later I had finished this book. It made me laugh and made me cry - lots - and yes there is a very shocking pivotal scene to which I screamed at the book - 'Nooooooo!' but as a F1 fan I loved it - the details of the behind the scenes pits was amazing - I actually want to be a Bun Tart!! Buy it read it and read it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read Summer Read!!!!!, 14 Aug 2009
Alicia (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
This is a great book to read, ive never read a book so fast, you just want to know how it ends. I picked this book up off the shelf and thought...why not! The story keeps you on the edge of your seat and moves on quickly without any over the top decriptions of situations or people, she manages to write is a way that lets your imagination run along with the story. I always find it difficult to get into books, but with this one i'd read half the book in an afternoon! I havent read any of her other books yet, but I am defenatly looking forward to reading them! This is a book not to be missed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chasing Daisy,, 16 Jan 2011
Miss M. F. Silk (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
I loved this book. Paige Toon writes her characters well with enough background so you know who they are, without getting bogged down in pointless and un-necessary descriptions. Daisy is a very likeable character, who most women can relate to in one way or another. Be it her crushes, scooter accidents (!!), her loveable nonna, or her dads sexist attitude towards her and her mother.

This book isn't be for those who want a hard-core story with lots of action or suspense. This is a novel for those who want a chilled out, girly read for at the beach or tucked up in bed in the grim weather (whilst I'm on it, rain please feel free to leave for a few days!!) Paige Toon writes easy, but good chick lit, similar to Melissa Nathan or Helen Fielding. Strong yet vulnerable women, who aren't affraid to show thier emotions, handsome men, and a variety of places.

Out of all of Paige Toon's novels (so far), 'Chasing Daisy' is my favourite, as she's found her footing and gone with it. If you haven't got his novel, ladies, get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a second one, 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
She Needs To MAke A Second On Coz This Book Is The Best I Have Read It 3 Times Now Please MAke A Second One x

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have ever read!!!, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
I loved everything about this book. Love,romance,exiting moments .....good ending. Amazing! Do read it! :-)

ARRAY(0xa0acbdbc)

Chasing Daisy
Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon (Paperback - 6 July 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01