5.0 out of 5 stars Lily of Love Lane, 4 Nov 2009
J. HARRISON - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Paperback)
I came across this author quite by chance, and I really enjoyed reading this book. Coming from the north of England I have nothing in common with the east end of London or the Ilse of Dogs and knew very little about it. I now want to go there and see the place for myself, as Carol Rivers descriptions are superb. Also her historic references are extremely accurate.
The story is set in the 1930s about a lovely young woman just setting out on life's trail. She puts her family first regardless of her own deprevations. Her only hope is that the rich and handsome man she met at the market stall where she works on Saturdays would come back and sweep her off her feet and take all her worries away.(life is`nt like that though is it?)
The story is warm, endearing and a great read. Carol Rivers is now on my favorite author list, can`t wait to read more of her wonderful descriptive stories.Lily of Love Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily of Love Lane, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Paperback)
I'd never heard of Carol Rivers until I got 2 books in a bookshop for a bargain bundle price so I chose two and started reading that very day and what can say? I absolutely LOVED the book, read it within about 3 days and couldn't wait to read more...

Fantastically written, gripping and totally addictive - well worth a read. You will love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. got into it easily. found it a bit slow in the middle but got very good after that, couldn`t wait till I got to the end to see the out come. so all in all a good buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Kindle Edition)
loved it from start to finish highly recommend it love carol rivers books
the settings and themes always hold the imagination

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book, one of those that you don't want to put down. I will read more of Carol River's books

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lily of Love Lane (Paperback)
This was part of a Christmas gift . Cannot remember reading anything by Carol Rivers before but as I had great difficulty putting this down I shall certainly look out for more by the same author.

Lily of Love Lane
Lily of Love Lane by Carol Rivers (Paperback - 3 Nov 2008)
5.24