5.0 out of 5 stars Very gripping...
This book had me from the first page. I really do think that Sandra Howard has a natural talent for writing. The story builds up slowly and carefully and by the middle of the book, I found myself gripped and desperate to know what was happening with Kate's mother and her boyfriend.
Published 23 months ago by Bettyboo

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
1.0 out of 5 stars I really hated this book
Published on 26 Dec. 2012 by PeachesMum

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars I really hated this book, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
I am sorry I wasted my money on this book - bought it because Sandra Howard had received good reviews for her previous books but this was very disappointing. A very weak and quite unbelievable plot which stretches credibility and insults the readers intelligence. I finished it because I paid £9.99 for it on Kindle but it is written in the style of a lazy sixth former in a creative writing class. I am actually surprised it got published at all, given the excellent choice of fiction available in today's market. My first and last experience of Sandra Howard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very gripping..., 26 May 2013
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Paperback)
I spent 3 hours solidly finishing off the book which is very unusual for me but I had the time and was keen to reach the conclusion. I really feel with good books that you are there with the person. I felt at all times that I was alongside Kate, the main character, and was hoping her new boyfriend wasn't going to let her down.
The characters are all well-developed and rounded and they really did come to life on the page. I will probably re-read this book at some point too so I've got no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-Wives, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Ex-wives (Hardcover)
I read Sandra's new book over a weekend. I couldn't put it down.

The twists and turns and the rollercoaster ride it takes you through are amazing. One can really empathise with the central character's (Kate) dilemmas. Without giving too much away, the pain she feels for the loss of loved ones is so real, I challenge you not to cry.

She also highlights the menace that is drug abuse, not necessarily from an end-users perspective, but from the poor creatures who sell the raw product to make a living.

In short, Sandra has done an amazing job again, everything is factually correct, but honest.

If you don't read it this summer, you will not know what you are missing out on.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure if I had written this book, it ..., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Paperback)
I'm sure if I had written this book, it would have been straight on to the publisher's reject pile. The characters just don't ring true and the dialogue is contrived and not how people speak or act in real life. One minor incident that I thought would never happen was when Kate returned to Richard's flat and his neighbours were so chatty and friendly as she went in, when she hadn't even met them before. I regularly stay at my brother's flat in London and even if you have lived there for years, Londoners avoid your gaze and hurry off without speaking!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandra's new book, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Ex-wives (Hardcover)
I am a great fan of John le Carre because his books are "undownputtable" (a new and not very elegant word). Speaking for myself I found Ex Wives to be in the same category. It is not only because of the Kate and Richard story but also Rachel and Ben. You have to wait to the last few pages to discover what to think of Ben and I am not going to tell you! There is also a charming vignette of Aiden, Kate's father.
That is not all. The book is another of Sandra Howard's. First a popular model, later wife of a leader of a political party fighting a general election and now a writer, but the same personality and - looks. Undownputtable

5.0 out of 5 stars another wonderful read, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Paperback)
I have been waiting to read Sandra Howard's 4th book, and it was another winner as far as I am concerned. Have to say I prefered the last 3 as I had got to know the characters. However I was soon into Kate and all of her problems. I loved her father, gentle soul that he was. The daughter was hard to like, and changed a bit too swiftly for me, but all in all, beautifully written.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
I just didn't feel eager to re settle down to read, like her first book, but would recommended it to my friends .

4.0 out of 5 stars Review Ex-Wives, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
A good read, slightly improbable plot in places, but overall I enjoyed the book. Nice light reading for a holiday.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
I felt this was not such a good novel as her previous books which I have read and enjoyed. A pot boiler.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light & fluffy, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Ex-Wives (Kindle Edition)
I expected a story with a strong story line. Instead it is a mills & boone type tale. I wouldnt recommend itl.

Ex-Wives
Ex-Wives by Sandra Howard (Paperback - 19 July 2012)