5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!
I haven't read the first book, The Nanny Diaries, but I have seen then film and wanted to know what happens next. As soon as I started reading this book I was hooked. I was a little dubious having read the other reviews on here but I decided to give it a try and I'm so pleased I did. I thought the main character Nan was very likeable although she did annoy me in certain...
Published 9 months ago by Louise

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to its predecessor
The Nanny Returns picks up around 10 years after The Nanny Diaries ended. Nan is now married to the Harvard Hottie (Ryan) and after some time living overseas, has moved to Brooklyn. One day her former charge Grayer (now aged 16) turns up on her doorstep and she gets sucked back into the lives of the X family, which now also includes a 7 year old son called Stilton. The...
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by Julia Flyte

1.0 out of 5 stars Like Gossip girl without the blasts, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Nanny Returns (Hardcover)
12 years on from Nan being a Nanny and her fledgling backbone has melted back into jelly.

Its the UES as the economy is beginning to plunge and everyone is still a bitch.

Grayer her former charge gets back in touch and it might have been an interesting read if his storyline wasnt almost identical to that of Nate in gossip girl.

nanny does some work for a schmancy school where the kids are out of control and the (overworked underpaid) teachers are the scapegoats, deja vu?

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful rewrite, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nanny Returns (Kindle Edition)
I read and really enjoyed the first one, this dragged and floundered like a swimming camel. I binned it to the don't bother section of my kindle, had I brought the paper back would I would have used it as fire lighters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather clichéd 'chic-lit', 20 July 2010
H. Albert (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nanny Returns (Paperback)
I was at a bit of a disadvantage reading this book as I haven't read its prequel The Nanny Diaries, but despite this I thought it was generally an entertaining and enjoyable read.

The heroine of the story Nan Saunders is dragged into helping 16-year-old Grayer, who she previously nannied for, and his seven-year-old brother Stilton cope with their parents acrimonious divorce, whilst in the meantime trying to sort out the problems and skewed morals of the staff, students, and parents of the expensive local private school as a consultant.

Her life starts to get very complicated when in addition to the above she also has to deal with an absent husband who is keen to start a family, when she is not, and the renovation of an almost derelict house that starts to fall apart around her.

My main criticism would be that it does fall into the rather clichéd `chic-lit' genre and was somewhat predictable in parts, lacking the originality of similar books such as Hot House Flower by Margot Berwin.

However, it does give a good insight into the rich Upper East Side community of New York and the dangers of loving money above all else, which is quite appropriate in the current economic climate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel to 'The Nanny Diaries', 13 Sep 2010
N. McGrath (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nanny Returns (Hardcover)
If you enjoyed 'The Nanny Diaries' you'll love this sequel.
The story may also appeal to fans of 'The Devil Wears Prada'

Nanny Returns
Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin (Paperback - 20 Jan 2011)
5.74