Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 October 2012
A fascinating look into the Criminal underworld, well reasearched, the book neither glamourises or condemns Crime just tells you what happened. I can't believe no no one has made the film yet!?.
Having lived in South East London & Kent since the 80's it's possible i could have rubbed shoulders with any one of the people involved. I must admit I havn'nt finished it yet but the book definitely holds the readers attention.
on 13 March 2011
I was first attracted to this book because the robbery happened where I grew up. Not to mention that £1.3 million was sat a couple of hundred yards from my house in a white van at the Ashford International Hotel. I have lost count of how many times I must have driven past that van on the day it was dumped there.

This true story is written in an easy way, even the long legal cases are written in a manner that is easy to read. The author has a talent for telling a story whilst still giving the facts collected. On the areas of the case that are still "grey areas" the author gives the facts and allows the reader to make their own opinions. What is better than reading a crime novel that leaves you still to answer questions.

I thought I knew a lot about this case being so close in proximity to where it occurred but this book has given me even more facts. On the questions of the conspirators that were acquitted of the charges I have made my own opinions about them, as you will.

I thoroughly good read which leaves just one big question unanswered, just where is the other half of all that money that no one has found.
on 16 April 2014
Very good read I was gripped from the opening, however I'm not usually a book reader but this book is for anyone who enjoys a bit of crime and truth to how other choose to use their life, as this was all over the news just a few years ago made me see the truth from individuals during the trial, not just what the paper printed. I will not disclose any of the book as it will spoil it. Please read!!! A**
on 2 November 2010
First time I've read this author and was attacted by the subject matter. I'm not a fan of 'true crime' but gave this a shot. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very well written and told in a cohesive, structured manner. Humerous in parts, you cannot but be amazed at the incompetence of some of the main players. One thing to watch for though - the narratives under the second set of pictures in the book tells you whether some of them were found guilty or not, but you don't read this until later on in the book, so don't read the picture narratives until you have finished the book! Highly recommended.
on 9 March 2016
It's a brutal and vicious account but it's written comically and amusingly sticking to the facts. It's the first book since Frank Sinatra in a Blender that has made me laugh out loud and keep laughing for several minutes with some of the narrative. Inept gang, cops and bystanders - just like the world really is and not Hollywood. And yet a bold and ingenious plan executed by good-intentioned criminal clowns. Then the trial. All written with humour and comedy - but real lines and real people. The author reads the book himself and is excellent.
on 16 June 2014
a well written crime book , carefully reasearched with detailed and accurate accounts of those involved

well done howard good read
on 30 July 2013
Living close to the incident and being able to identify various locations quoted in the book made it all the more interesting.
on 7 June 2015
I chose to buy this book because I had enjoyed the author's account of the 27 Club. Heist is a very interesting account of the daring and planning of the robbery. Howard Sounes provides potted character profiles of the main players, their backgrounds, motivations, strengths and weaknesses.
on 17 February 2016
I bought this book by accident. However, once I started reading it, it was brilliant.

This is about the Tunbridge Wells robbery which is very detailed and has a lot of people involved in, what was, a very slick operation.

Read for the sheer shock factor.
on 13 January 2011
Having been given this book as a xmas present, i was delighted. Soon as i had the chance to open it i never put it down. As i progressed through each chapter i was gripped by the whole story. The build up to the actual height was gripping, by time i reached the trial i almost felt i was in the court listening to the case progress. Cedit must to go to the author and researchers that have put this book together, and have the true evidence of the case for our own eyes. Not only will the heist go down in history, the book will tell the whole story.......

A must read for any true crime fan