5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fab Fab
Published on 24 May 2008 by TeePee

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but disappointing ending
I thought this book was great i was really interested in what would happen and what the outcome would be however i do feel a bit let down as you left to guess the end. I think its really well written and will be reading more of Paige Toons books but i do hope they have a better ending than this one!
Published on 5 Aug 2009 by Fiona

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fab Fab, 24 May 2008
TeePee "Hooked on Books" (Southampton, Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
This is by far the best book I have read in a while and trust me I read lots of books. I disagree with the other reviews opinions in relation to the ending of this book. Yes, it does seem a bit rushed but anyone who has read Lucy in the Sky would have realised that this book included a brief update to Lucy and Nathan (Lucy is the sister of Megs ex boyfriend Tom) and therefore I belive Paige' next book will either be a sequel or will include an update to Meg. The characters are clearly related and it seems that this will probably become a series such as Marian Keyes and the walsh family books. For those of you who do not like the ending of Johnny Be Good will probably eat their words when her next book comes out and all is revealed. Please Paige, don't disappoint me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one kept me awake way past my bedtime!, 6 Jun 2008
KMS (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
Here we have another great book by Paige Toon.

Meg has just become one of the luckiest girls in the world. She's just been hired as Johnny Jeffersons PA. THE Johnny Jefferson - mega famous rock star, extremely good looking and oozes sex appeal. Johnny is famous for his wild partying habits and his even wilder bedtime antics, but Meg arrives in L.A. as a professional PA but soon realises that Johnny is probably the best boss she's had....ever.

A cog is thrown into the works when Johnny's best friend, Christian, turns up on the scene. Level-headed, fun to be with and has bags in common with Meg...this girl really is lucky. But how long can she keep telling herself that she shouldn't be looking at her boss' toned abs...and just what will she find out about the PA before her??

This book was extremely satisfying! It kind of reminded me of my teen years, when you really really like somebody but you try not to think about them because there is no-way they are ever going to be interested in you. Paige Toon really involves you as a reader and you are left gasping with delight, shock and pleasure throughout this book. It really did keep me up at night and I certainly paid for it when I tried to get up for work in the morning.

I would strongly recommend this book to anybody looking for a refreshing chick-lit book that you want to feel connected with.

The only thing I wasn't keen on, was the ending. I won't spoil it, but I just thought it might have ended differently. However, this does not stop me giving it 5 stars.

This is one to read, and after reading her debut novel, and now this one...I really cannot wait to see what Paige Toon has in store for her next novel!!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG LOVED it- I really hope there is a bookquel!!, 22 May 2008
Ms. Sarah J. Drake "sarahdizzydog" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
********************************************** - this is how many stars I would really give this book.

I soooo loved it- I'm currently on my hols in Greece which just made it all the more fantastic to read, despite my hubby demanding me to stop being so unsociable!!

Like everyone else though, I pondered for hours over the ending. I even read all the other pages to see if there was any hint of a follow-up book, as I really hope there is. I don't think you could really write an ending like that without intending to write a bookquel (book - sequel!), so maybe there is hope ladies.

Great chick-lit!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - until you come to the ending!, 6 May 2008
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book! So much so that I have been sneakily reading it when I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation! However, never has a book left me so frustrated. I actually checked the page numbers because I thought a page had been ripped out or something - the end is so abrupt! I assume that this is so the reader can come to their own conclusions but the book sways slightly more in one direction, the direction I didn't want it to sway! All in all, an amazing book but be prepared for a frustrating ending.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but disappointing ending, 5 Aug 2009
Fiona (Birmingham) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't decide...., 23 April 2008
Ms. L. Webb (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
Okay, I managed to read through it quite quickly which usually means the plot is good, compelling characters etc. but something about this book didn't seem...right. Maybe it was the over-excessive use of character names in dialogue which became annoying, or the fact that the plot seemed a bit rushed but I found I didn't enjoy this as much as some other chick-lit novels out there at the moment. That said, it passed the time nicely and it wasn't a pain to make it to the end. Sum it up in one word? Nice...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing funny lighthearted read, Finished In a Day!, 16 July 2013
Title: Johnny Be Good
Author: Paige Toon
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Publication Date: October 2008
If your boss was the hottest rock star on the planet, would you mix business with pleasure?

I'm Meg Stiles. This is my leaving party. And that song we're making a mockery of? That's written by one of the biggest rock stars in the world. And I'm moving in with him tomorrow.
Seriously! I am not even joking. Well, maybe I'm misleading you a little bit. You see, I haven't actually met him yet...
No, I'm not a stalker. I'm his new PA. His Personal Assistant. And I am off to La-La Land. Los Angeles. The City of Angels--whatever you want to call it--and I can't bloody believe it!
Celebrity PA to wild boy of rock Johnny Jefferson, Meg's glam new life in sun-drenched LA is a whirlwind of showbiz parties and backstage passes. Cool, calm Christian, in town to write his famous friend's biography, helps keep Meg's feet firmly on the ground. But with Johnny's piercing green eyes and a body Brad Pitt would kill for, how long will it be before she's swept right off them again?

I am 100% huge huge fan of Paige Toon's Books, I have now read every single book by her for now and cannot wait for more of her reads.
Now I know Johnny be good has been out a while but I only recently managed to buy it when I met Paige in person at her recent book signing in Manchester, I even managed to get the new book cover hehe, It is truly gorgeous cover and I couldn't wait to dive straight in this book.

So we meet Meg Stiles who is about to become Personal Assistant to one of the biggest rock stars in the world...Johnny Jefferson, a bad boy who thinks he's very cool but also a true womaniser. Meg moves to Los Angeles to live in his house, Can she tame the wild boy that he is or is he going to be too hard to control? Only time will tell..

I adored this so so so much! I am shocked that I never got to read it before now, Johnny Jefferson is such a playboy rock star and some of the things he says or does had me giggling because he knows he could just get away with it. I loved Meg Stiles, she is truly an amazing main character in this book with her being PA to Johnny and having to read his fan mail, to booking places for him and even accompanying him to special events.
Meg is clearly a down to earth girl who is very friendly and certainly does not fancy Jefferson as she had to keep telling all her friends and family..them not being too convinced... Meg clearly has balls and won't put up with Jefferson's drunken slob state and certainly not his drug phase either.

I loved meeting Christian too in this book, he being an old childhood friend of Johnny's who's a journalist/writer and is currently writing Johnny's biography..he such a calm person and him & Meg are such two peas in a pod which was so cute, because you know they were going to grow so close...however I was rooting for Johnny & Meg all the time...! hehe.
Paige writes in such a way you can easily warm to all the characters and the chapters flow so easy. Johnny be good is surely an terrific read in which I soon grabbed Baby be mine right after wards hehe! A twist at the end....Paige you little devil hehe!
For big fans of Paige Toon will have already probs read this, but for any of my readers who haven't found Paige Toon's books..then don't hesitate to go buy this..because you are going to love it...Trust me!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first but certainly not last Paige Toon, 19 Sep 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
I am not sure how, but to date I have never read any of Paige Toon's books. Having seen this in a charity shop a few months ago I picked it up and promptly forgot about it, as it became consumed in my ever growing to read pile. Wanting something new I picked this up recently and decided to give it a go, and boy am I glad I did.

The moment you start reading you realise that this is Chick Lit for the dreamers amongst us. Can you imagine working as a PA to the hottest rock star on the planet? Err, when I was 15 maybe? Having said that I adore books like this which manage to transport you right back to your dreams and wishes! Although the story itself is based on the less realistic scale of `things that could actually happen', the characters aren't. We meet Meg who is on her way to become a PA to Johnny Jefferson, who just happens to be a sexy Rock God. It took me less than two chapters to immerse myself in this outlandish fairytale story.

Although the fairytale seems to come true for Meg as she arrives at Johnny's plush pad in LA, it soon starts to become a little more difficult than she first though. Johnny himself was what you would expect from a rockstar; difficult, impatient and constantly surrounded by booze and women. I can honestly say that although I wasn't overly keen on Johnny, the story made total and utter sense. Meg is a great girl who is in a position many can only dream of. What makes the story great is the fact that Meg is a normal girl, living and working in an unusual place. Johnny's best friend Christian is also a main focal point of the story as he is along for the ride whilst writing Johnny's biography.

There were some funny moments in the book too and I found myself reading quicker and quicker. I loved the fact that you are submerged into the crazy world of Johnny and his ever increasing demands. The story towards the end was looking a little predictable, but that didn't faze me as that was where I wanted it to go. One thing I was NOT prepared for was the ending, which left me screaming "no" with frustration. Thankfully, for once leaving a book too long has worked in my favour. The follow up to this book entitled "Baby Be Mine" was released a little under two months ago (yay), and has already been ordered!

This certainly wasn't a challenging book (just how I like it), but the story and characters flowed easily. It is a perfect beach read and I literally cannot wait to read the follow up, I'm just sad that I waited this long to read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Johnny isnt good!, 24 Nov 2010
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny Be Good (Kindle Edition)
And he really isnt! This book is strange to me. I didnt particularly like Johnny. I thought Meg was an idiot, but i still really liked the book! Not enough for a full 5* though. I wont tell you the gist of it, others have done that very well. My thoughts though are like this!...

I loved how there was a mention of Lucy & Nathan from her previous book which i have read and loved! And i hope in her next book, which i'm about to download, there will be an update to Meg because that ending was... suprising. Clever i think, still not sure! Johnny was really quite annoying, afraid of commitment, slept with anything in a skirt, messed Meg around. And there's lovely, kind, considerate Christian and your shouting at Meg, "leave the loser rock idiot alone and open your eeeyyyyyeeeessss." Well, i was anyway :D

The thing is, Johnny has redeeming moments where you think he's finally growing up, they dont last long though. One of the best bits in the book was in the Dales, but then i shout at Meg not to be an idiot, she's not listening though. She's too far gone. But Paige Toon writes another cracking story, and she really makes you feel like you are there, in La La Land or in the Dales, or touring Europe with the band! That is why i'm going to download Chasing Daisy as soon as possible! Thank the lord for Paige Toon. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another stonker from Paige with a further flat ending, 28 Sep 2010
H. Andrews - See all my reviews
This review is from: Johnny be Good (Paperback)
Johnny Be Good is the second of Paige's books I have read. Like the first this one had me gripped from the start, and even more so that I polished it off in a few hours. I couldnt put it down it was so addictive. Again as with 'Lucy in the Sky' also by this author a fabulous book but the ending disappointed. It was as if the author ran out of steam. The prose became awkward and Paiges usual talents didnt come through in the last couple of chapters. The 'will-she, wont-she' cliffhanger was disappointingly weak in its ending. 10 out of 10 for the book apart from the end. I was left feeling empty after such a compelling read.

Johnny be Good
Johnny be Good by Paige Toon (Paperback - 21 April 2008)
6.94