5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!
It's been a while since I've enjoyed a book so much. It's a fast moving, fun read and is perfect for reading while commuting, on holiday, in the bath - anywhere! The main character is great and you can really relate to her. A brilliant book for escaping the day to day routine. Can't wait for the author's next offering!
Published on 27 April 2007 by Ms. N. K. Brookes

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50 I'd say!
This book was ok, a bit slow in parts and took a while to get going. Good story idea though. After all the waiting and build-up I thought the ending could have been a lot better but overall worth a try. Good book to pick up over a nice girlie beach holiday. I'd recommend anyone to give it a try.
Published on 29 Dec 2007 by L. Rothwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not put this book down!!!, 28 April 2007
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon is one of the best chick lit books I have read in a long time! Having picked it up by chance, I read the whole book cover to cover in three days as I could not put it down! From the very first page I felt I could relate to Lucy, and Toon managed to form her character perfectly. All the main characters in the book, especially Lucy, Molly, Nathan and James were developed very well and I felt drawn to them all, but for different reasons. The scenery was set perfectly, from cold wintery London, to the hot summer in Sydney. It was described in vivid and colourful detail, drawing me into the story and feeling like I was there. The plot is fast moving and flows flawlessly from chapter to chapter, with all threads continued and tied up well. I simply could not put it down. I just hope from the ending that there will be a followi up and soon...what happens to Nathan and Lucy???? I really want to know now!!! Truly brilliant first novel by Toon. Eleven out of ten.

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50 I'd say!, 29 Dec 2007
L. Rothwell "angel555" (Essex, England.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
dont know why anyone could give this book a one star... it was so good, i read it in 24 hrs...i just couldnt put it down....... Marian Keyes and other chick lit others watch out........... if this book is anything to go buy, u have big competition as this authour is much better!!!!Brilliant ...off to buy the rest of her books now on next day delivery because Lucy in the Sky was that good!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 27 Jun 2007
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
No other word for this book, my husband picked it up for me in a buy one get one free offer, and I am so glad he did! Couldn't put it down, I was actually disappointed when it finished! Couldn't sing enough praise for it, everyone should read it!!!

Another one like this please Paige!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laught out loud!, 16 Jun 2008
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
This was such a great book to read on the beach on holiday, my friend read it first and read out so many funny bits i had to read the book as soon as she finished! The storyline was great and did not disappoint at all. I would really recommend you read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists and Turns, 18 April 2010
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
I got hooked on Paige Toon after reading Chasing Daisy. This is very different but still excellent. It focuses on Lucy who is on her way back to her home in Australia for the first time in years for her best friends' (Sam and Molly) wedding. She leaves James, the lovely boyfriend that she lives with in England, behind because he has to work. On the plane, she receives a devastating text message that makes her doubt James and wonder if she has been deceived by him all this time. It colours her whole visit to Australia and things are made even more confusing when she sees Nathan, Sam's now grown up brother and starts to develop feelings for him.

The story follows Lucy's confusing time in Australia, trying to reconcile with James long-distance, trying to hide her growing feelings for Nathan, trying to guess what his feelings towards her are. What will happen when she gets back and sees James for the first time since the text? How will she get back into life in England? Can she put Nathan out of her mind? Was she thinking of him that way just because things were difficult with James?

The first third of the book is set in Australia, the rest back in England. Paige Toon does a brilliant job of dragging the reader along with Lucy's feelings. I felt absolutely sick for her at times when the doubts about James would come and then be explained away again. I had absolutely no clue what the truth was until the end of the book but, by then, Paige Toon cleverly writes it so that it really doesn't matter what the truth is anyway. Half the time I was willing her to leave James and go to Nathan, the other half I was thinking that she should stay with him.
Brilliantly written. Not as funny as Chasing Daisy was, but full of romantic and family drama. Twist and turns a-plenty until I had no idea what the truth was. The characters were well-written. Lucy was easy to relate to, Nathan very endearing, James by turns wonderful and awful.
Definitely read it. It's unputdownable!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just goes to show you can't always count on the reviews, 29 July 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Kindle Edition)
Lucy in the Sky

This is a book for young adults, I was unaware. I'm sorry to say I believed the many positive reviews about this book. Paige Toon, the author, puts too much detail in her writing and it just doesn't flow well for me. The characters seem shallow and two dimentional. Many times I kept thinking "did I really need to know that?" I'm gutted as I've bought another of her books, both at £3.99, because of the reviews, but I'm never going to do that again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 23 Jun 2007
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
I could not put this book down and had to read it in one sitting... I've since lent it to my mum and she's in the same predicament - she can't bear to put it down.

It's absolutely fantastic, and I loved reading all the interaction between Lucy and Nathan, and seeing how everything unfolded.

Like others have mentioned I would love to read a sequel... or even just more books by Paige. I cannot recommend this highly enough, the best book I've read in a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 24 May 2007
Ms. R. E. Burns "Rachael x" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book!! I read it in less than 24 hours - I just couldn't put it down. I was even reading it when I was supposed to be working! I would recommend this book to anyone. I do just have one negative comment though - The book ended. I wanted to get to the end to see what happened, but I felt like there was a gaping hole left in my life once I had finished it. I can't wait for Mrs Toons next book - get writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
I finally read (and clearly loved) the last of the Paige Toon books (until this upcoming summer). Lucy loves her boyfriend James, but just as she's about to get on a flight to watch her best friends get married in Australia, she gets a very disturbing text message that hints that he may not be as faithful as she thinks. Distraught in Australia, she takes comfort in her friends' happiness and turns her sights onto the surfer (and best friend's brother) Nathan. The complete opposite of lawyer James, Nathan is carefree and fun. Back in London Lucy has a choice - stay with James or pine for Nathan, who's far away. The decision is much harder when James becomes a bit more truthful and Nathan comes to visit. Once again, my best compliment is that I adore all of Toon's characters. They're my friends by the end, people I want to see again. The story is told very well and is far from any other chick lit. Toon never stays to the same tired plot of boy meets girl, they get together, something draws them apart, they're back together within the last few pages. She shows her variety and keeps the reader on their toes. The book was fun, fresh, and instantly likable

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Lucy in the Sky
Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon (Paperback - 16 April 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01