Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 June 2012
Both my 4 and 7 year old sons have enjoyed this book which was given to my 4 year old as a birthday present. Great pictures. The only reason I've given 4 stars rather than 5 is because it does feel to me like this book is an introduction only to the character, I'm looking forward more to any sequel where they get up to an adventure together. From the children's point of view, this is a 5 star rating. My 4 year old particularly loves the word "bogablog" and relishes shouting it out when it comes up. Quite a short story and not as easy to eek out as others so I'd read it as one of 2 or 3 at bedtime usually.
on 17 February 2014
I know and understand that the digital version can't be the same as paper copies but when a digital print is created it should be checked amongst an audience of how this looks.

I didn't enjoy reading it and my son didn't enjoy it being read to him. landscape you can only see one page so you have a blank and a printed page and portrait it's not big enough to see the pictures clearly.

story is brilliant though. plenty of monster making noise.
on 22 August 2013
Obviously in the hard copy books it has double spread pages and this isn't set up for the kindle version so you get half images of monsters on various pages, not very good.
on 27 December 2013
What a shame a funny story only shows half of the story st a time. Could someone from no clue please remit this so that you can see both pages at the same time as per other kids books, I.e. Mr Men etc.
on 8 January 2013
Loved Claire Freedman's underpants series, so bought this as a follow on, but read it once with our 4 year old, and he' was very scared and had nightmares. Been under the bed (?!!?) since.
on 23 August 2012
My 2 year old boy loves this book. Easy to give all the characters a 'sound' and I often find him reading it very out loud to himself. 'Bogablob' has become common parlance in house! Really hope that the promise of a sequel is forthcoming.
on 6 October 2012
I read this to my sons and they enjoy it lots. Easy to read rhyming text with a chance to do different voices/accents for characters. Looking forward to getting hold of the next in the series.
on 3 April 2012
My two year old son's favourite book! He loves all of the kap-pow, pooh and whoosh sounds that he can join in with as you read. And he loves a big Monster Kiss. I love reading it to him too!
on 30 July 2015
The language in the book and way this story is written is different from most of the other children's books we own, both my son and daughter have really enjoyed this book.
on 4 January 2012
My 4 year old likes this book. A little short on narrative but the illustrations are great and the story is fun. Just the type of thing little boys love!