Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 28 March 2010
This books is great for children aged roughly 4-10. It's full of vibrant characters and pictures and the stories help children to think and eventually take heed of the 7 habits. The principles it instills such as responsibility and respect are things I've constantly tried to instruct my children on, but it can be hard to teach such things when children only understand them in context. Then when they do understand, they always seem to forget them! This book teaches in a fun way using situations and characters they can relate to, so it's easier for them to appreciate what they're learning. After every story is also a parents' corner for brief Q&A sessions to help their understanding further. A must-have book for parents.
on 29 January 2013
This book has really struck a chord with my 6/7 year old, and he asks for it nearly every night. It is so simple, but something about the little character tales have conveyed messages to him that endless, nagging/lecturing and glazed expressions from him never got close. I have really noticed a difference in him, I found it at just the right time in his development perhaps, but when he talks about wanting something or wanting to spend his pocket money, I can mention Goob and needing to plan, and it rings a bell for him, and he gets it. He rarely moans about being bored as I have never tolerated it, but when we read the story about Sammy squirrel and it being his responsibility to make fun for himself, it just clicked, he nodded quietly and accepted this with real maturity. It's just a great way of showing your kids things in their language that sinks in, then he asks the questions and listens to the answers and I don't feel like I am going on at him to no avail!!
on 21 April 2009
This is a great book to read with your younger children... it allows them to see both sides of how people think and feel and how if they change first they can get people to react/respond differently.
A recommended thoughtful read.
on 19 January 2011
My daughter hates reading, but she did read and enjoy this.
on 30 December 2013
If, like me, you love Covey's seminal "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and are looking for a way to communicate these concepts to your kids clearly and in a fun way, then this is the book for you. The stories are engaging, and clearly express the core concepts from 7 Habits, and the book is beautifully illustrated. My kids love being read a bedtime story from this book, and they retain the lessons learned. The guidelines for parents and suggested questions for discussion with your kids make this easily accessible for any parent. Highly recommended.
on 17 July 2010
I have been reading this book with my twin 5 year daughters over the past week and they've enjoyed all the stories, especially the discussions which are at the end of each one. I was a bit skeptical at first about introducing them to the '7 habits' but they're really just modern day fables - which they want to read again and again.
on 3 March 2011
This is a fantastic book that brings the 7 principles of living a life of effectiveness and fullness of being, brought down to children's level. The fantatic thing that Sean Covey has managed to do is to translate those 7 Habits of highly effective people that his father wrote about into imagery and language that my 5 and 8 year old kids are able to understand. Through FranklinCovey Co, they've also made it into a programme which schools can adopt and teach to their K-6 students and integrate as a culture within the school. Have a look at (...) and be prepared to be amazed.
on 29 November 2013
I've read this to my son many times and lent it to other parents. All the children loved it and its nice as the reader to be reminded of the positive things in life. It's a lovely book you can go back to again and again with creat characters that children can relate to. Not at all preachy which is nice.
on 20 September 2014
I put this cd on a night when my children are going to bed. It is relaxing and allows them to fall asleep on a positive note. I am a great believe in positive thinking and positive feeling. My children love this cd in the evening, perfect cd to fall asleep to after a hard day at school.
on 16 September 2014
Great set of stories that both my 4 and 6 year olds enjoyed. The messages were very clear and presented in an entertaining way. The characters are very believable and the village they live in well described to help it all fuel the imagination.