5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful fun with pant-clad dinosaurs for preschoolers!
Published on 26 Sep 2008 by ELH Browning

3.0 out of 5 stars I prefer the shorter Hardback version
My son loved the hardback version of this book and when I bought this as a replacement I didn't realize that the hardback had been shortened/the paperback had been extended. I have to say my family much prefers the hardback shorter version so I'm on the hunt for that version again. Disappointed.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs. R. M. Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful fun with pant-clad dinosaurs for preschoolers!, 26 Sep 2008
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book is based on same premise as the successful Aliens love underpants from the same author/illustrator duo, that small children will find the incongruity between everyday pants and imaginary creatures wearing them very funny, and of course they do. But whereas many follow up books are more of the same, this has a very different story which, in my opinion, is the stronger of the two (though no less silly).
Bright amusing illustrations of dinosaurs dressed in flamboyant and colourful pants accompany decent rhyming verse:
"Triceratops was happy, wearing pants on every horn,
Til Styracosaurus snatched them, and they ended up all torn."
Pants are so prized that squabbles erupt and it's dinosaur underwear anarchy as they fight to the death.
[If you are a prehistory stickler, please note that in this story leopard-skin-pant wearing cavemen co-exist with the Jurassic giants which is archaeologically incorrect and the fluffy pink knickers may not accurately reflect the fashions of the dinosaur era.]

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, 3 Feb 2009
I bought this for my nephew for Christmas, but had a lot of fun showing it to my grown-up friends before wrapping it! Great illustrations, the story fairly bounces along. Recommended for reading with children, and a good read for young readers finding their own reading skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner for 3yr olds, 14 July 2008
S. Wood (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter loved "Alien's love underpants" and while this isn't quite as good, it is entertaining and the illustrations are great. My 3 year old has a real sense of humour and finds these books hillarious

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Informative!, 30 Nov 2008
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If you ever wanted to know the real reason the dinosaurs died out, this is the book for you.

Brightly illustrated with wonderfully amusing drawings and a memorable rhyming text, this book tells the story of the battle between first the cavemen and the dinosaurs for pants supremacy, and then the battle between the dinosaurs themselves.

My two year old son absolutely adores this book and roars with laughter at all the ridiculous pictures. There is something inherently funny about the word pants, which always sends him into peals, but convulses him when added to pictures of very fierce monsters struggling to run about in very tight pants.

Superb!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it!!!, 7 Jun 2011
I purchased this book based om the humour of the title, as well as the colourful artwork. the main problem i had was when I was reading it to my kids as they kept wanting to stay on the same page (even when I had finished reading it) to look at the bright, busy artwork. I have read this book numerous times to them and foresee numerous more times to come. The book was sold as used, but the condition was good, which made it for me, a great bargain!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant hit, 22 Aug 2009
H. Snaith (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 3 and 6 year olds and it was an instant hit. Solves the problem of how the dinosaurs became extinct - they were too busy fighting for the cavemen's underpants! The rhyming verse is great, and the drawings are wonderful. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaurs Love Underpants, 1 Nov 2010
Bought as a present for a 3 year old - he almost knows it off by heart. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny., 18 Nov 2008
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My 6 year old has just managed to read this aloud to my 4 year old (just with a little help with the Dinosaur names) and they were both laughing hysterically at the fabulous story. There are lots of brilliantly hilarious illustrations in this very large paperback edition to keep young children amused too.

The front cover is great and the 'Dinosaurs Love Underpants' is in sparkly blue lettering. It is a gift giving quality edition.

There are 24 main pages of story with a 4 line self contained poem on every other page. They have great rhyming and rhythm and together they form a brilliant story explaining a funny theory of why the dinosaurs became extinct.

The poem starts:

Dinosaurs were all wiped out,
A long way back in history.
No one knows quite how or why,
Now this book solves the mystery....

It all began when cavemen,
Felt embarrassed in the nude,
So someone dreamt up underpants,
To stop them looking rude.

And so it goes on in a really entertaining story.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 14 Aug 2010
I first got this book out of the library for my 20 month old thinking it would be too old for him, but it's been his favourite bedtime book ever since - he loved it so much I had to buy it! There have only been a few nights when it hasn't been read. The rhythm is really good and there's not too much text per page so he's learnt the words pretty much off by heart and points out different parts of the story each night.

I would definitely recommend it for 2 year olds and up. I'm sure it's going to help with the potty training as well knowing what underpants are!

5.0 out of 5 stars Underpants, 30 July 2009
We have all the underpants book and Dinosaurs love underpants is as good fun as the other two. My 4 year old never tires of me reading this book. More please.

Dinosaurs Love Underpants (Book & CD)
Dinosaurs Love Underpants (Book & CD) by Claire Freedman (Paperback - 3 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01